Security Installer Community

Infinite alarm by ESP

Guest brum1969

Going back to the original Infinite Wireless Alarm.

I have fitted about 8 of these over the past 2 years and find them just as reliable as an hard wired system.

As long as it is installed correctly you will get no more false alarms than an hard wired one.

The frequency this alarm works at is 868MHz. Nothing else other than wireless burglar alarms are allowed to work at this frequency in Europe. Not like the cheap DIY Yale and Micromark ones that use the same 433MHz frequency as TV senders, car remotes, wirless doorbells ect...

Also the PIR's and door contacts are identical to the hard wire ones in the way that they work. The only difference is they send their signal via radio.

The Infinite also comes with X10 so that you can have it turn lights on when you get home from work, or have it turn lights on aroud the house whilst you are on holidays via a program or by PIR detection.

There is also a built in auto dialler (some like/some dont)

PIR batteries last about 3 years.

The wirless sounder draws its power from the attic so no worries about changing the batteries in the bell. Or you can fit a bell of your choice.

I have found this alarm to be of very good quality and if the customer tells me they would like a wireless alarm instead of a wired i have no problem telling them about the Infinite.

Hope this helps someone.

Going back to the original Infinite Wireless Alarm.

I have fitted about 8 of these over the past 2 years and find them just as reliable as an hard wired system.

As long as it is installed correctly you will get no more false alarms than an hard wired one.

The frequency this alarm works at is 868MHz. Nothing else other than wireless burglar alarms are allowed to work at this frequency in Europe. Not like the cheap DIY Yale and Micromark ones that use the same 433MHz frequency as TV senders, car remotes, wirless doorbells ect...

Also the PIR's and door contacts are identical to the hard wire ones in the way that they work. The only difference is they send their signal via radio.

The Infinite also comes with X10 so that you can have it turn lights on when you get home from work, or have it turn lights on aroud the house whilst you are on holidays via a program or by PIR detection.

There is also a built in auto dialler (some like/some dont)

PIR batteries last about 3 years.

The wirless sounder draws its power from the attic so no worries about changing the batteries in the bell. Or you can fit a bell of your choice.

I have found this alarm to be of very good quality and if the customer tells me they would like a wireless alarm instead of a wired i have no problem telling them about the Infinite.

Hope this helps someone.

I should have mentioned that the X10 is an option you can add on later inside the control panel. costs extra.

Suggest avoiding trying to integrate these things together using X10.

If you NEED rather than want a fully integrated system then there are plenty of integrated systems companies who can install this for you, but be warned it will cost you a lot more than a cheap diy system.

If what you really want is a system that sends you a text or turns lights on when the alarm goes off then it can be accomplished by several normal professionally installed systems.

TSS

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Archived