Security Installer Community

CCTV in Schools, Nursery's or other Public Places.

morph

I believe that in any places such as schools/hospitals/police stations etc, that there should be some quick way of vetting persons about to enter the property, and i mean vetting in less than 1 hour.

43988[/snapback]

There's no reason why it shouldn't be possible in this day and age.

Providing the employer has done their job properly in proving that the employee is who they say they are, an instant check could be performed on name and company alone.

All establishments for children, vulnerable people and high security could have access to a phone number or database that they can check the visitor against.

Any visitors not from companies and without appointment should really be accompanied as checking their identity would'nt be practical.

If you don't know......ask.

Oh im sorry Mr Painter and decorator (or whatever trade you would like to see in this space), you cant work here as you havent been vetted.

Here = the kiddies corner of the public library.

the sweetie shop on the corner of your street.

Mothercare on the retail park.

and so on.................

43987[/snapback]

rightly or wrongly this is whats happening,along with the h&s method statements and copy of liability insurance which more and more customers are asking to see before you even step onto there premisis..

I believe that in any places such as schools/hospitals/police stations etc, that there should be some quick way of vetting persons about to enter the property, and i mean vetting in less than 1 hour.

And i thought i was the one who had been drinking.

I dont care how much blood is pouring from your forehead you aint coming into this hospital as you havent been vetted! banghead

It doesnt matter if youve just been anally gangraped mr smith you cant come into this police station as your vetting wont be complete for another 30 minutes. banghead

Have you been a queue at the post office lately Dave
Many times lately :) and yes waiting for ID clarification before they let me in.

But I wasnt unabout the general public, I was reffering to anyone about to be working in any of those places.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Why on earth would i need to be vetted to work in a hospital, a closed nursery or school and of all places a police station.

OH AND BTW NICE ONE

Have you been a queue at the post office lately Dave

Many times lately and yes waiting for ID clarification before they let me in.

There should be some form of fast track vetting in operation,

I walk onto a premises and hand my ID card to the receptionist, she phones the local vetting agent and says:

Hello I have a Mr DL Partridge here from Blah Blah security, can you please tell me if he`s been suitably vetted recently by his employer..?

How long would that take.......?

There should be some form of fast track vetting in operation,

I walk onto a premises and hand my ID card to the receptionist, she phones the local vetting agent and says:

Hello I have a Mr DL Partridge here from Blah Blah security, can you please tell me if he`s been suitably vetted recently by his employer..?

How long would that take.......?

43995[/snapback]

To use one of your expressions

ARE YOU FOR REAL?

Try ringing BT and see how long your in the queue or pressing 6 to have the mick taken out of you for the next 30 mins.

:w00t:

Too many idea's not enough thought i think.

Why on earth would i need to be vetted to work in a hospital, a closed nursery or school and of all places a police station.

? is that a serious question..?

Is this not a place to discuss ideas, amongst other things?

43998[/snapback]

I think this is one of those that needs the personal touch. It needs thrashing out face to face in a suitably located pub somewhere.

Archived