Security Installer Community

CCTV in Schools, Nursery's or other Public Places.

morph

Ok lets say your given a local job, your in the right business and given a perfect oppurtunity, so you go ahead and do your job and in the process you fit an extra wireless camera ot two in convenient places. So upon opening your all set up and raring to go.

Whats to stop you doing this..?

44005[/snapback]

Whats to stop anyone from doing that? Even the parents?

What's to stop anyone doing this anywhere, whether they're an installation engineer or a cleaner?
Ok vetting does rely on the offender at some stage being caught, but at least there`s much less chance of this happening if people are vetted rather than not vetted at all.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Ok vetting does rely on the offender at some stage being caught, but at least there`s much less chance of this happening if people are vetted rather than not vetted at all.

44012[/snapback]

So should the parents be vetted, after all im sure they can access the same info as the paedo's and we are assuming the paedo's are never parents right?

Oh and btw these aint my personal views on the subject, im just picking holes with the comments and statements.

44012[/snapback]

Well, yes and no, (IMO). I think this argument expands into all other trades, not just security related ones. As I've said, I've been in schools etc... with no vetting as a sparky, but I need to be vetted if I were to be fitting alarm? What's the difference, I'm the same person, the kids are the same so what's changed?

I'm not sure what direction I'm coming from here, but I'm definitely coming from it.

remember ian huntley was known to the police re-some rape..if he had been vetted maybe the soham case would never had happened....surely thats the biggest reason for vetting..vision yourselfs in a police press conference pleading for info on your missing child.....send a shiver down your spine???????too kin right it does.....

remember ian huntley was known to the police re-some rape..if he had been vetted maybe the soham case would never had happened....surely thats the biggest reason for vetting..vision yourselfs in a police press conference pleading for info on your missing child.....send a shiver down your spine???????too kin right it does.....

44015[/snapback]

If i remember rightly they did vet him, the police just didnt do it thouroughly. They checked him out locally and the coppers in Grimsby didnt check him out properly.

So does that mean vetting doesnt work?

If i remember rightly they did vet him, the police just didnt do it thouroughly. They checked him out locally and the coppers in Grimsby didnt check him out properly.

So does that mean vetting doesnt work?

44016[/snapback]

or if it had been done properly??

Archived