Security Installer Community

CCTV in Schools, Nursery's or other Public Places.

morph

Problem with this is that there are hundreds of pros and cons and they all bleed over into various other debates. Somewhat a pointless subject in some respects.

However, I agree with Ian. Either, everyone who goes through the door is vetted, or it's an open door policy.

Not to mention the granny, the dustbinman, the window cleaner...............

I was thinking more along the lines of WHY should i need to be vetted to install a cctv system in a school or nursery during closed hours?

Vetting for installing an alarm system is understandable in any premises but a cctv system is totally different.

43972[/snapback]

coz as you have worked in the industry for years and diff co's any problems would/should have come to light therefore customers schools or not expect anyone coming into their premisis are pukka and have been vetted so dont think to question it coz you work for xyz company your ok...

coz as you have worked in the industry for years and diff co's any problems would/should have come to light therefore customers schools or not expect anyone coming into their premisis are pukka and have been vetted so dont think to question it coz you work for xyz company your ok...

43978[/snapback]

That doesnt answer my question Gaz.

As an installer of cctv (as oposed to intruder) why should i need to be vetted if i am working there out of hours.

Does the joiner need to be vetted as he is fitting new locks?

The use of the building is unimportant really unless its like a bank maybe.

43978[/snapback]

Sorry, my eyes hurt reading this.

As an installer of cctv (as oposed to intruder) why should i need to be vetted if i am working there out of hours.

43981[/snapback]

I've worked in a fair few schools, nurseries, community centres and youth hostels and I hadn't been vetted. I was occasionally asked for a ID card.

Should I be vetted for all of these as they are public, or just the ones with under 5's in them, or just the ones with under 10's in them....?

That doesnt answer my question Gaz.

43981[/snapback]

granted...but with the past incidents the public are demanding more..when the guy from the gas board comes to read my meter id hope hes been checked out by british gas the same as i have..but where kids are concerned people now expect everthing is done to ensure there saftey..

Oh im sorry Mr Painter and decorator (or whatever trade you would like to see in this space), you cant work here as you havent been vetted.

Here = the kiddies corner of the public library.

the sweetie shop on the corner of your street.

Mothercare on the retail park.

and so on.................

As far as anyone doing work at schools goes I think that most schools/nurseries do not pay too much attention to who they let enter their premises, they assume that any visitor doing maintenance/security etc etc would have allready been vetted by the company employing them so they must be safe.

What i mean to say is that if i were to go to a school and fit anything, then the school does not check up on me, they assume that my employer has.

I believe that in any places such as schools/hospitals/police stations etc, that there should be some quick way of vetting persons about to enter the property, and i mean vetting in less than 1 hour.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived