Security Installer Community

CCTV in Schools, Nursery's or other Public Places.

morph

The uses of CCTV in a Nursery for the purposes of allowing parents with their children to be monitored remotely while their child is at the nursery is very different from opening up a Schools internal CCTV system to the internet.

Exactly, rather than looking for complications, if the product was taken and understood as it was being sold. where is the Problem, if parents can only view the kids when they are paying for child care.

Exactly, rather than looking for complications, if the product was taken and understood as it was being sold. where is the Problem, if parents can only view the kids when they are paying for child care.

First of all, I don't have a problem with the use of CCTV in Schools or Nursery's, but admit to a mild amount of discomfort regarding the remote viewing bit. With secure & authorised only access (parents / guardians only), I'm more for it than against it.

My concerns are with Colin's "paying" comment, whereby I would have a problem if the nursery tried to pass on such costs for the facility in my childs care fee's.

Must admit, it near cripples me each month having to pay for two kids in a nursery (one full time & one using the after School club), as both the missus & I work full time.

Call me cynical, but if I were running a nursery, this would be more for my own / business protection than for the facility / novelty of parents being able to see the kids playing in the nursery.

And yes, the screening bit, not a lot of confidence I'm afraid. Just cus you have a 10 year continuous & checkable history without any criminal record does not make all persons suitable for employemnt in my opinion. I've met plenty of people in this industry who are dishonest and out to screw all they can from people.

Chris

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

My concerns are with Colin's "paying" comment, whereby I would have a problem if the nursery tried to pass on such costs for the facility in my childs care fee's.

Chris I meant paying Nursery fee's not as an addditional charge, more as a value added service within the nursery package. If you paying fees then your child is using the nursery, if your not then you dont get access to the nursery or the pictures.

Chris I meant paying Nursery fee's not as an addditional charge, more as a value added service within the nursery package. If you paying fees then your child is using the nursery, if your not then you dont get access to the nursery or the pictures.

Col, I think I knew what you meant mate, I was going off on one over the fee's bit ;)

Mind you, plenty of parents get government funding for part or all care these day's, so not wanting to spilt hairs, they would be just as entitled to access would they not?

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

I would just like to throw a spanner in the works here as i think some of you are talking pants.

At what point should the cut off be for vetting?

There lots of people who visit a nursery or school at some point during a day, some will be there for a few moments and some for a lot longer.

Some will visit when a nursery or school is open and some when there are no rugrats around.

Some will be there on business, some wont be, are you going to vet everyone regardless or just some and where do you draw the line? :boxing:

It's a good spanner Ian.

There's the postie, the milkie etc etc. Oh my god, what about the parents too? How many parents with their kid's at the nursery / school have had a rumble with the law?

The possibilities are never ending :boxing:

Police Checks yes or no, conclusive vetting then.

Eng you need to get out more, sorry to burst your bubble but Vetting doesn't cure the problems your trying to prevent. The original topic never made any refference to whether they actually vet installers or not, you simply went off on one before finding out the facts.

How do you know the staff in the School or Nursery are okay, simply because a CRB records check says so, I dont think so. There was the school Janitor in Soham that was locked up for murder, surley he would have been checked out before he was employed.

What about the security gaurds using building CCTV to view playgrounds and houses etc doesn't the same principal apply or would vetting have solved the problem.

Theres problems in everthing we do in life, if we harp on about them nothing will ever get solved.

43938[/snapback]

first off col...i get out quite a bit........second YOU will find if you read the news vetting in creased 10 fold since the soham murders hence the wait for new security personell to be vetted by securtity firms taking upto 16 weeks to complete.thirdly the only janitor i know is hong kong phoey..there known as caretakers here......as for security guards viewing playgrounds etc i think the presets should take care of that........AND the original topic did make reference to vetting....so bubble still intact...

It's a good spanner Ian.

There's the postie, the milkie etc etc. Oh my god, what about the parents too? How many parents with their kid's at the nursery / school have had a rumble with the law?

The possibilities are never ending  :boxing:

43964[/snapback]

Not to mention the granny, the dustbinman, the window cleaner...............

I was thinking more along the lines of WHY should i need to be vetted to install a cctv system in a school or nursery during closed hours?

Vetting for installing an alarm system is understandable in any premises but a cctv system is totally different.

I was thinking more along the lines of WHY should i need to be vetted to install a cctv system in a school or nursery during closed hours?

43972[/snapback]

I don't know aout anyone else, but that's not what I was getting at.

If you don't know......ask.

Archived