Security Installer Community

Monitored System Offer

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good Evening,

I have given Dave my full history and he has vetted me and allowed me Trade Access.

Dave Marsden

Small Alarm Installer

North Wales / Chester Area

Systems fitted to Houses, Shops and even been to Spain to fit one lolĀ 

Upto this point mainly used ADE/Texecom but expanding into Gardtec hopefully.

Any more info wanted just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Welcome back to the Forums Dave, but I am a little puzzled here after the great debate last year about you being IN THE TRADE why are you having another company in to install an alarm?

Or do you just require a Professional Trade Install and not a DIY Trade Install?

As the guys have said seems like the guys are fitting it for not a lot of money, I would check out the small print and the call out charges etc.

Colin.

• 2 weeks later...

The installation team are coming on wednesday for a site survey so I will keep you posted on what they say.

Quick Question : The system is a Galaxy 16plus which obviously uses EOL wiring, will they be able to use existing 4 core cable or does EOL require 6 core?

Thanks

So just make sure they test it first?

Yes

They have told me they will prob want to replace all cables which seems a bit of a pain for them?

If it's in with the price let it be a pain!!

Is this standard practice even if the cable is allright?

No need to change sound cables.

45136[/snapback]

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Just to keep everyone updated - The Security company came round today and assessed the property and it's potential security weaknesses and have designed a good system for me based on their internet offer.

They will be fitting in two weeks so will let you know how the install goes.

Also, they will be fitting a Gardtec XS7 as the sounder and i currently have an Odyssey 3. What are the differences, which do you rate better?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

While it's good you are taking the time to reply to some posts, please note some of the dates on the posts you are replying to. ;)

Topics aren't out of date after any particular time, just that sometimes it's not worth replying after 12 Months+.

Feel free to reply to topics at whatever age, just that some people, if they noticed the dates, wouldn't bother. I just pointed out the fact that this is an old topic, not that no-one should reply to it.

Guest rjbsec
i thought the reply tho dated was still relevent, thus dismisses your point..when is a relpy not relevent?

I guess a reply is not relevant when it is obvious from the nature of the original post that the situation will have been dealt with in the time that has elapsed since the original post.

For example if I say post that I need a certain piece of equipment to be recommended for a job I'm doing at the weekend it would be pointless adding to the thread 12 months later.

However if I posted that I was looking for some sub-contract installation work that thread might never expire.

Archived