Security Installer Community

Monitored System Offer

Hi,

I have been offered the following system fully installed, maintained and guaranteed for a full year.

Scantronic 9751 Panel and 9730 keypad

1 X Door Contact

7x Intellisense Pet PIR Sensors

2x Panic Buttons

Internal Sounder

External Sounder and Dummy Box

Monitoring with custodian @£20 a month Full Nacoss/SSAIB Police Response

All the above for £600 fitted.

Does this seem quite reasonable? It has been quoted by a very large firm local to me.

Any advice would be greatly apreciated

Thanks

I would say thats probably a reasonable price for a monitored system.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

I would have thought that's reasonable too.

However, I notice thats 9 (possibly 10) zones on an eight zone panel, so I would check that they're not doubling up any of the PIR's onto anyone zone. - Ask if they're going to use an expander unit which could then accomodate upto 16 zones...

Also 7 Pet PIR's ? Are you not able to restrict where the pets roam to just one or two zones and then use 'normal' PIRs every where else?

That would give you less accidental activations and increased security elsewhere

ARJ

A nearly retired previous installer !

What is the name of Jef Jb Eye's company? I can't seem to find him on here.

£600 installed and then £20 pcm for custodian monitoring and maintenance contract on a 12 month deal.

I apreciate what you say about the zone's I shall investigate with them.

I was considering an //.National Installer.// system but don't think that would be as competively priced?

Would strongly suggest using a local installer. If your going to use //.National Installer.// read the small print & make sure the AIM (//.National Installer.// Independant Monitoring) is not going to charge you a preimum rate call for every time you set & unset your alarm. As an ex-engineer of their I use to get loads of flack off existing resi customers as to why their phone bill was an arm & a leg, also they like a 5 year contract.....

A good company to work for, and mainly very proffessional but the cost is always hidden somewhere!!! :no:

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Dont like the look of that control panel - would prefer one with an Lcd Keypad.

Does anyone have an idea of how much //.National Installer.// may charge for a similar system? - Would it be worth the extra investment bearing in mind I would want a Galaxy from them.

Dont like the look of that control panel - would prefer one with an Lcd Keypad.

Does anyone have an idea of how much //.National Installer.// may charge for a similar system? - Would it be worth the extra investment bearing in mind I would want a Galaxy from them.

43086[/snapback]

JB-EYE are north Manchester, (Deeside is my local training rink 40mins) after 8 zones we us a Gallant LCD display, this is a rental system with an option to buy after 12 months @ £350. Our deal is a total maintenance and monitoring package sold via internet only. If you want to buy we send out surveyor and you can have what you want. Fancy a 6.5" touch screen totally interactive display with audio, CCTV and home automation if you have the money we will sell it to you. In truth the Internet deal is our best offer. It is a digi (contact ID for keyholder safety) but line cuts will only trip the internal audibles.

Jef

Customers!

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have had yet another offer today which seems even better? Not too sure though?

-Galaxy 16+ with Prox Reader

-Foam Proof External Sounder

-5 PIR's

-2 Door Contacts

-Carbon Monoxide / fire detector

-Panic Button

All for £500inc vat installed

On top of that is the monitoring with custodian and the twice yearly service and maintenance plan at only £20 a month all inclusive.

The company is SSAIB/NSI Gold.

Does this seem to good to be true? All the components used are of top quality.

Any opinions on this are greatly apreciated.

Also does anyone know the phone call costs involved with monitoring with custodian?

I have been told that the system will not send an open/close signal as it is residential and that I will be only charged to my phone on an activation. Is this true?

Thanks

The company is SSAIB/NSI Gold.
? It`s either one or the other Dave..
Galaxy 16+ with Prox Reader

-Foam Proof External Sounder

-5 PIR's

-2 Door Contacts

-Carbon Monoxide / fire detector

-Panic Button

All for £500inc vat installed

Does this seem to good to be true? All the components used are of top quality.

It seems to be VERY cheap, I`d be wary of hidden costs elsewhere.
Also does anyone know the phone call costs involved with monitoring with custodian?
Dunno about custodian, but generally calls should be no more than local call costs whoever does the monitoring. Check with the installer the code of the dialed phone number and make sure its a standard rate number, not one of these 50p a minute jobbies.
I have been told that the system will not send an open/close signal as it is residential and that I will be only charged to my phone on an activation. Is this true?
No open/close signal is getting rather common now often substituted with ch4 signaling an alarm abort instead, but I dont agree with it being used. All alarms in my opinion should signal their set/unset condition.

If however you do decide on the no open/close signal approach it would be a good idea to get the system sending a daily test signal early each morning and the monitoring company should be instructed to inform you if no test signal has been received, its nice to know your monitoring is actually working.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived