Security Installer Community

Monitored System Offer

I have been told that the system will not send an open/close signal as it is residential and that I will be only charged to my phone on an activation.  Is this true?

43146[/snapback]

Possibly, we dont send open/close. We do send abort which is an open after alarm.

Jef

Customers!

Just to add my thoughts, I'd be just as interested in how they propose to install it.

Ask how they are going to get the cables around your property. Avoid them if they are going to surface run everything.

I've seen brown cable on white skirting & coving many times from slasher & basher firms in the past.

Just about all of the Trade firms on this forum consider the hiding of cables essential to a good quality install.

Pay a bit more if your gonna get a nice job done.

Regards Chris

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

I'm presuming as they are SSAIB they are of good standard otherwise they would not have been vetted. Custodian have good knowledge of them when I have spoken with them regarding the monitoring.

Custodian have told me they use 0870 which is pretty cheap, especially if it only dials once a day to send a test signal.

The company who are installing the system are ICU security of Liverpool.

Any more comments before I get them to install?

Galaxy 16+ with Prox Reader

Perhaps a silly question but are they supplying a standalone proxy reader or the MK7 keypad with inbuilt reader..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Perhaps a silly question but are they supplying a standalone proxy reader or the MK7 keypad with inbuilt reader..?

43196[/snapback]

as far as i know the prox rkp's wont work with the 16,maybe the sa pyronix prox

So is it possible he`s only gonna get a prox reader and no keypad at all..?

43201[/snapback]

you prob get the prox mounted adj the rkp

I'm presuming as they are SSAIB they are of good standard otherwise they would not have been vetted.
I've seen plenty of (in my opinion) "thrown in" installs by both SSAIB & NSI registered firms and complaining to both regulatory bodies about a firm can be long winded.

A few testimonials may be a good idea. Do you know of anyone else with an install by the firm you are considering? Take a look and see what it's like.

The company who are installing the system are ICU security of Liverpool.

Obviously down here in the deepest South, I don't know of them, but there are a few lads on this forum in the Liverpool area who may know them? Check out the NSI & SSAIB www & see if there's a link to their www?

Chris :)

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

So is it possible he`s only gonna get a prox reader and no keypad at all..?

43201[/snapback]

No, he needs to be able to access menu functions and reset via coded reset upon confirmed.

You were joking...right.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived