Security Installer Community

Door contacts or PIR's

Guest Chewie

Thanks for the heads up.

Which is the odyssey to go for 1,2 or 3.  There is very little in price difference between them.  Is the only difference the shape ?

Is the 109db range enough or should I go for 115db

All these questions.  :lol:

39933[/snapback]

Go for the loudest you can if your panel can cope with the current draw. It should be able to, but double check. The Odyssey 1, 2 and 3 E (the single sounder versions) draw 300 mA in alarm, including the strobe and sounder, the Odyssey 1, 2, and 3 draw 425 mA in alarm. There is no difference apart from the shape between the 1, 2 and 3 but there differences between the economy ("E") and standard versions.

Trade Member

Thanks.

The manual states that my panel can output 1 amp when supported by a fully charged battery.

What would the approx. current draw of PIR's and RKP's be. I have not seen these figures stated in any of the literature I have read.

Hey guys i think we are in danger of taking things too seriously here if the system is a diy job it really does not matter if you put a contact on the door or not if something starts to make a noise when your neigbour starts to climb through your window when your out at work with the pretence of "needed to borrow a cup of suger" officer!! he is going to try and extricate himself immediately without removing his wedding tackle on the window handle or falling into the rubbish bin which has recently had the latest deposit from the pet dog put in it, how ever if like me you want to know if the draft on the back of your neck is from a door left ajar or from the large crack left by the dodgy builders then go ahead and fit door contacts.

Or as my mate says doors need friends Contact them! <_<<_<

Can someone tell me why you should have a door contact if the area is covered with a PIR.

I was just going to use PIR sensors as I hate seeing cables anywhere and that is obviously a problem with using door contacts.

38532[/snapback]

the reason why you have a door contact also, is besides telling the system that someone has entered the area it alows that area to be proteced if someone came thru a side window or a panel in the door and give an alarm condition , instead of a timed entry.

the reason why you have a door contact also, is besides telling the system that someone has entered the area it alows that area to be proteced if someone came thru a side window or a panel in the door and give an alarm condition , instead of a timed entry.

39968[/snapback]

wot about part set at night then, that would start the entry timer on access route

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

I have got a a roller/shutter door contact for the garage. It has 2 cables for the switch, and 2 cables which are normally closed (presumably for the tamper). These cables are in an armoured sheath.

I want to use this in series with some regular door contacts. Am I right in thinking that the roller shutter contact would have to be last in the line or there is no way of including the cables in the armoured sheath in the tamper circuit.

I have got a a roller/shutter door contact for the garage.  It has 2 cables for the switch, and 2 cables which are normally closed (presumably for the tamper). These cables are in an armoured sheath.

I want to use this in series with some regular door contacts.  Am I right in thinking that the roller shutter contact would have to be last in the line or there is no way of including the cables in the armoured sheath in the tamper circuit.

40337[/snapback]

Hi,

Terminate the RS connections in a tampered junction box, you can put it anywhere in the circuit.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived