Security Installer Community

Door contacts or PIR's

Guest Chewie

When fitting roller shutter contacts, you need to connect it to a junction box. With the 4 cores(2 alarm 2 tamper) in the JB, you can wire it any way you like.

Why would you want to wire them in series though? On a fresh install you should've chosen a panel with enough zones as you have sensors.!! :blink:

If you don't know......ask.

Any input on the PIR's guys

40105[/snapback]

You don't need dual techs everywhere. Use them in areas where the temperature is likely to fluctuate alot (ie in a Garage, conservatory or even some kitchens)

As for current consumtion, I would say an average of 15 mA per PIR. It can be more or less, but you should check it with a multi meter when you recieve them. A dual tech will consume slightly more power than your average PIR. No idea about the RKP.

Trade Member

I suppose I could return the speech dialler as it is still in the box but I could not return the panel or keypad.

38672[/snapback]

Best £30 you'll ever lose!!

Thanks antinode.

I am ordering the bells, PIR's and speech dialler tomorrow (got my money back on the informa)

Thing is there are so many PIR's to choose from, I dont know which ones I should get.

I will be getting them here

http://www.alertelectrical.com/product_sub...peID=5&SubID=14

So should I get a prestige dual tech for the kitchen. Which ones would you reccomend I use for the study, living room, hall and landing. (prestige quad element) ?

Thanks a lot.

As always, thanks lurch. Is there anywhere where I should not use a compact. I am having 5 PIR's

Hall

Lounge

Study

Kitchen

Landing.

Should I fit a dual tech in the kitchen ?

Guest Peter James

If you have an arga or a boiler in the kitchen, its not a bad idea to use a dt.

But read the instructions that come with the dt if you dont set it up properly you may as well of fitted a cheap pir.

Pete

Archived