Security Installer Community

Door contacts or PIR's

Guest Chewie

Can I get some reccomendations for a bellbox. I have one from TLC but I am going to return it as it does not have flashing LED's. Just a strobe and power LED. I think flashing LED's when the system is armed adds that extra level of deterent.

Can I get some reccomendations for a bellbox.  I have one from TLC but I am going to return it as it does not have flashing LED's.  Just a strobe and power LED.  I think flashing LED's when the system is armed adds that extra level of deterent.

39869[/snapback]

hi again Chewie,

Firstly some of the others will surely recommend a box for you, but the LED's are illuminated all the time, just usually more visible at night. It would be too obvious and now against the regs to give visual indication of set status outside the premises.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I'd take a look at the Texecom Oddysey range. They're affordable (even the full featured ones are well priced), the LEDs are nice and bright, they're easy to install and they are easy to get hold of. I bet the one you got from TLC was the ADE Sonade. When I did my work expeirience, the company I worked for used to fit those and moved onto Pyronix Belles while I was there. I would'nt really recommend either of them judging by the amount of problems they were having. Plus the LEDs on the Belle always tend to go a bit haywire which looks very unprofessional IMO. Stick with the Texecom and you won't go far wrong.

Trade Member

Thanks for the heads up.

Which is the odyssey to go for 1,2 or 3. There is very little in price difference between them. Is the only difference the shape ?

Is the 109db range enough or should I go for 115db

All these questions. :lol:

Archived