Security Installer Community

Greetings from Australia

Grego

Eol resistors are for End Of Line use they shouldn't be in the panel expander etc. 

If the flex supports seol then you would out this at the end. 

I haven't looked in detail at the existing wiring

• Upvote 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

6 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Eol resistors are for End Of Line use they shouldn't be in the panel expander etc. 

If the flex supports seol then you would out this at the end. 

I haven't looked in detail at the existing wiring

Thanks James, I've read the Honeywell docs and it does support EOL mode (see below from the manual), so I will be going for the wiring below for the window reed switches. It's not ideal, but plan to change later.

EOL_Mode_Wiring.png.3f9cb06c3da28ad633d101496c02b98a.png

I will also be wiring the PIR units as per previous advice from sixwheeledbeast...

On 21/08/2023 at 20:07, sixwheeledbeast said:

They all need power, it's just were it comes from...

Powered would need local mains. Non-powered would be powered from upstream via the BUS (making sure you have capacity for that).

So if your reusing the PIR's you need 2x 1K resistors, that looks wired for an SEOL system.

TAMP  ALARM
 0  0  0  0
 |  |  |  |
 |  `1K`1K|
 Bu      Wh

22 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

and you can mix SEOL and DEOL? Some panels set it for the whole system not per zone.

Don't know the Flex.

20 hours ago, james.wilson said:

on the dimesion you can select resistor values per circuit id assume you can on this this too, but ive never done it

Hi Guys... did some reading in the manual, and found you can select end-of-line or double-balanced zone resistance types. Here's the table from the manual...

Galaxy_Zone_Resistance.thumb.jpg.b05ef9284647c427353817dbe3610ff9.jpg

The manual also states... When a preset is selected it sets the zone resistance range used by every zone on the system. Each zone on the system can be further customised to a specific preset by using the Resistance Select option.

Now I just need to figure out which option to use 😋

5 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

The Flex is the same as Dimension. Just leave as the default 'double balanced 1k/1k' unless it's impossible to add resistors in the sensors.

Hi Stuart. The picture below is how I have configured the PIR's as per sixwheeledbeast advised in an earlier post.

20230927_111946.thumb.jpg.a952b05a57633c9ff503e88bc0dd9a91.jpg

So to confirm, are you saying to leave as the default 'double balanced 1k/1k' for the PIR's? Just an FYI, the PIR's appear to be working.

The reed switches on the doors and windows appear not to be working. The wiring of the doors are a reed switch per door, and a 1k resistor at the 0V end. Picture below...

DoorZoneWiring.jpg.e1481b57f22dc583f01d35a6bf2d0840.jpg

Below picture shows the area I have been tweaking the config... but haven't found a solution yet.

DoorZoneConfig.jpg.7500dc8281692c1e2920bb3f809af1a1.jpg

Any suggestions on zone config or resistance greatly appreciated.

The wiring in the sensor picture is correct.  The zone resistance option (which is the default) is 1k Fault (BAL).  This is option 9 on the keypad.  

The wiring in the zone schematic is wrong, to match what you have in the sensor, there is also a resistor going across the zone contacts in parallel.  Where you have the two half dots.   This means when the zone is open the circuit resistance is 2k and when closed it is 1k.