Security Installer Community

Upgrade from DS2 to AHD/TVI/CVI

Ebay will give you a higher chance of finding junk but ok...

KVM style is the type, others are just passive which will be no better than an extension cable.

Used ones with HDMI passthrough for a local and remote monitor plus USB / IR both ways over single Cat6.

8 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

They come in pairs require local power and send both over UTP. Distance varies based on Category of the cable Cat5e/Cat6 etc.

Search "HDMI/USB over Cat5"

If you don't go the full system route you will end up buying convertors or other tat to get all the functionality you want to retain to work if it's compatible at all.

It's highly possible the PTZ aspect or some of this functionality you have is not really required.

Hard to say without seeing the site, you make the site sound like an average detached domestic property with neighbours, while what you explain of the system feels like it was designed back in the 90's, for a scrapyard with night guards...

Convertors only for the cvi stuff right? Most other or some recorders can do ip tvi an ahd ?

22 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Ebay will give you a higher chance of finding junk but ok...

KVM style is the type, others are just passive which will be no better than an extension cable.

Used ones with HDMI passthrough for a local and remote monitor plus USB / IR both ways over single Cat6.

yeah I thought the KVM type looked more likely to be what's required.

Obviously I know ebay isn't ideal for everything, but my budget is ridiculously small so I'm kinda forced to go along that route. My health deteriorated so I've not got a proper income.

On 29/05/2023 at 18:34, MrHappy said:

you buying used items from ebay ?

I don't believe this keyboard-

DS-1004KI PTZ Keyboard Hikvision

works with those machines, I think this keyboard is circa 8 year old

There is also a DS-1006KI controller that I've spotted (new), and I'm wondering if that would work a DS-7308HUHI-K4 DVR system, as that system does have seperate terminal inputs marked for a keyboard controller. Ideally I'd like the main monitor to have joystick/keyboard control over the cameras and DVR, even if then a KVM extender is installed for the lesser-used monitors 2 and 3

On 31/05/2023 at 17:18, Nelboy said:

There is also a DS-1006KI controller that I've spotted (new), and I'm wondering if that would work a DS-7308HUHI-K4 DVR system, as that system does have seperate terminal inputs marked for a keyboard controller. Ideally I'd like the main monitor to have joystick/keyboard control over the cameras and DVR, even if then a KVM extender is installed for the lesser-used monitors 2 and 3

You mean it has rs485 or 232 or something like that? Or specifically says keyboard input in back of machine 

The protocols can be selected on keyboards and the hikvision ones all usually work