Security Installer Community

Wifi Jammer used on break in to knock out ring doorbells

A member of my team at work had an incident last week. 3 people tried to steal his car (mx5)

However most of the street have ring doorbell instead of cctv and all of them didnt work during the incident.

This isnt the first time ive suspected jamming but is this on the rise?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• james.wilson changed the title to Wifi Jammer used on break in to knock out ring doorbells
2 hours ago, james.wilson said:

A member of my team at work had an incident last week. 3 people tried to steal his car (mx5)

However most of the street have ring doorbell instead of cctv and all of them didnt work during the incident.

This isnt the first time ive suspected jamming but is this on the rise?

They are incredibly easy to jam I found out  one of my sites had a microwave on the other side of the wall which caused the doorbell to not work 

When the doorbell first came out I tried one and they are nothing like the advert would have you believe, they didnt even work that well locally. Since then I tried cheapo Chinese doorbell 7 out of 10, Hik 4 out 10, Daha 6 out of 10., Ring I could only give 4 out of 10. 

When people ask me why I always quote hardwired if I can, my usual answer is additional annual fees due to batteries, but I will be adding you cant jam hard wired

2 hours ago, PeterJames said:

When the doorbell first came out I tried one and they are nothing like the advert would have you believe, they didnt even work that well locally. Since then I tried cheapo Chinese doorbell 7 out of 10, Hik 4 out 10, Daha 6 out of 10., Ring I could only give 4 out of 10. 

When people ask me why I always quote hardwired if I can, my usual answer is additional annual fees due to batteries, but I will be adding you cant jam hard wired

The one I had the best luck with was the Google nest one

20220827_123237.jpg