Security Installer Community

Galaxy 48 Rio, zones not working

Hi all, following a few garage break-ins on our estate lately, I decided to change to a Rio from a single zone so I can add a PIR.

Everything went ok, the system detects the Rio, Rio set to slave via link 4, but I can only get one zone to work.All are set to intruder.

zone 8 Roller shutter contact - works normally

zone 7, PIR -  Nothing

zone 6, Door contact, Nothing

I did have the Door Contact working on zone 2 at one time when I tested it before installing. It is set to address 3

I have searched online for guides on installing nd programming, but can find very little. Photo is from when I tested it.

Thanks for reading, Keith

58876573-8188-48C6-B05F-6A5C80061E74.thumb.jpeg.63cf190ec018da61dbed73042a97677b.jpeg

Edited by Keef

8 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Lol I wondered why he was doing that 

By the sound of it I am doing it in error. I followed another post I found online. I have only cut one side so I can easily reattach it it.

Hopefully you lot can tell me the correct way to do it.

There are only 1k resistors in the unused zone terminals, plus 2x1k on the other 3 zones

Thanks, Keith 

Edited by Keef

32 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

The 1k restistors should be in the devices not at the rio

Sorry, not worded very clearly.

The resistors are at the 2 contacts and the PIR, only the unused zones have them at the Rio

Whats the panel you are using, RIO is addressed as 3 so the circuits would start at 1031

The wiring looks like its going to ciruit 1 and 2 on the rio but the leg of circuit 1 looks like there isnt anything in it on the picture.

In your first post you mention zones 6.7.8 but the EOL resistors are in 6,7,8 and where are you getting the power for the PIR from?

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

1 hour ago, Nova-Security said:

Whats the panel you are using, RIO is addressed as 3 so the circuits would start at 1031

The wiring looks like its going to ciruit 1 and 2 on the rio but the leg of circuit 1 looks like there isnt anything in it on the picture.

In your first post you mention zones 6.7.8 but the EOL resistors are in 6,7,8 and where are you getting the power for the PIR from?

I have just realised that I have uploaded the wrong photo, the correct one is now attached (Joys of posting in the early hours while waiting for meds to kick in).

The Rio is set to 5 and not 3 as previously stated.

Zone 6 is not connected yet in the photo. The zones are 1051 to 1058

i have reconnected link 4 and still the same.

The panel is a Galaxy 48.

Thanks

42AB46AF-F776-482A-A3CB-E6120CA1C2BB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Keef said:

I have just realised that I have uploaded the wrong photo, the correct one is now attached (Joys of posting in the early hours while waiting for meds to kick in).

The Rio is set to 5 and not 3 as previously stated.

Zone 6 is not connected yet in the photo. The zones are 1051 to 1058

i have reconnected link 4 and still the same.

The panel is a Galaxy 48.

Thanks

42AB46AF-F776-482A-A3CB-E6120CA1C2BB.jpeg

Dude start again 

Zone 1&2 resistor legs touching 

Make all zones unused the ones you don't need 

But before that remove the Rio power it off  , restart panel , reconnect Rio , add Rio

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

Dude start again 

Zone 1&2 resistor legs touching 

Make all zones unused the ones you don't need 

But before that remove the Rio power it off  , restart panel , reconnect Rio , add Rio

Ok will try that. I think starting afresh is a good idea.
I did originally have the unused zones locked out via option  18 “Spare”. The manual does state that it is recommended that a 1k resistor is connected across the zones, is this so on a Rio? 

All though it does look like the zone 1-2 legs are touching they are not, it’s just the angle the photo was taken at. Once I have got it working I intend to tidy everything up.

Thanks