Security Installer Community

Using an old PM360 ADT Alarm System

I have a Visonic kit (panel + sensors),  I had an ADT subscription. I terminated the contract with ADT

I tried to "reset" the panel and fit it to my needs. I sadly found it isn't. Although I can do a reset (green light = success?), I cannot log into the panel, either via USB port or AlarmInstall app. 

I would just to know if it possible to default (reset) this panel to use without paying ADT a fee, or it's simply impossible.

I dont really know the visonic tat that well, its one way wireless and I wouldn't touch it. But I dont know any panel with an app that doesn't work via the manufacturers cloud/servers. When a customer cancels their contract the panel id gets switched off at the cloud/server. So unless you build your own cloud and work out a way of making your panel talk to it you wont get it to work DIY. To talk to it through the USB you would need the manufacturers engineer software, not readily available.

I know that its not very green to tell you to bin it if it doesnt do what you want, I would suggest that you can either put an aftermarket dialler on it if you need notifications. Or bin it and get something that will do what you want. I would be cautious of any free app alarms though, servers cost a lot of money to run, and if someone is providing a service and not being paid for it, they are less in a rush to fix it when it goes wrong(They have already sold you the alarm kit there is no benefit to them rushing to fix something your not paying for)

The one way Visonic is all discontinued, any in service won't have much life left before something fails, newer stuff is two way and seems more reliable.

It's possible but your stuck with only using ADT devices and you need to know how to program it all up if you default everything.