Security Installer Community

Problems with leaf tampers

you want the same sized screw driver you'd use on connections inside a fused spur

you don't need crimps or anything to terminate resistor or wires* into these PA's (*or iD biscuits)

when put the conductor onto the alarms cable, are you cutting a bare bit of 15mm ish with bit of insulation on the end & giving it a twist ?

if it was going in a pir you'd cut the end & shove it in.... if going around a screw you'd twist it around & cut the excess off when the screw is tight

its pointless looking at the panel readings there only a guide,

if its going to play up due to poor termination, place the system in day & firm the device with the handle of your screwdriver

• Upvote 2

Mr? Veritas God

11 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

you want the same sized screw driver you'd use on connections inside a fused spur

you don't need crimps or anything to terminate resistor or wires* into these PA's (*or iD biscuits)

when put the conductor onto the alarms cable, are you cutting a bare bit of 15mm ish with bit of insulation on the end & giving it a twist ?

if it was going in a pir you'd cut the end & shove it in.... if going around a screw you'd twist it around & cut the excess off when the screw is tight

its pointless looking at the panel readings there only a guide,

if its going to play up due to poor termination, place the system in day & firm the device with the handle of your screwdriver

Ah I've been looping the conductor around the screw and clamping the screw down on top of it, almost turning the conductor itself into a ring crimp if you get me? Good take away that about looping round then trimming, cheers.

I've give the cover a few taps/ pushes/ pulls and triggered/ reset the button itself a few times and it seems to be behaving, so maybe it was just a case of loose terminations and biting into the conductor a bit too much tightening the first time, it's only been the leaf tamper/ open screw terminal/ wraparound screw terminals I've had any issues with -  I wish lever connectors were more commonly installed in everything!