Security Installer Community

i-on 16 panel ac fault, help please

hello please can someone advise i have a i-on 16 alarm system in my house and its coming up with 'panel a/c fault', its all working (sort of) as its on and if you type in the code it sets and unset but it alway goes back to red and comes up with panel ac fault, so i can't use the remote as have to clear the message each time.

i am not a professional but i did install it and i hope i can fix it as there is no one in the area that work on these please can you help

thanks for any advise 

jc

23 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

Obviously this will go flat

Possibly quite quickly depending on how well you've been maintaining it

Have you got a voltstick handy that glows up near mains power, or a multimeter?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

so i may not have mentioned this all started after i had to mains turned off when it was turned back on this all started

so i went into the (consumer unit) and it had power and electric from the mains to the fuse but then realised it maybe coming from battery as you say, i took fuse out and it looked ok but changed it anyway, there was power at the board as there was a little green light on, i then unplugged the battery, and the control panel went off, so quickly plugged it back in and nothing is now all dead.

i will have to get another fuse but they do look ok as i said i am not professional and dont have all the kit 

i wish i had not touched at least it was working LOL but i guess if there is no mains it would have gone flat eventually

i not sure were to go now how turning the main off caused all this ?

had the same problem with my electric gates and door on my garage but manage to get them going again ?

i did try that but it dont even come on now nothing is happening maybe battery has gone dead but its only been a day 

i guess i will have to search for someone know what they are doing not had much luck finding anyone that deals with I-on 16

thanks for all the help ?

1 hour ago, John Cobb said:

if there is anyone on here in the kilve, bridgwater, minehead, taunton area thats somerset let me know 

Data fusion is your neighbor I think