Security Installer Community

Hikvision Acusense vs Deepinmind NVR

EViS

What are the community thoughts on which option provides more flexibility or is worth the upfront cost: Hik's Acusense tech built into the cameras which undertake AI processing and then feed video to an NVR, or Acusense (Deepinmind) NVR's which undertake AI processing from video fed by 'dumb' Darkfighter or ColorVu cameras?

The latter option seems to be newer and less reviewed, possibly due to higher upfront costs on smaller (6 or less) CCTV setups. I do however like the centralisation of the image processing but unsure whether the price premium is worth it?

We have only just started using recorders with AI , we have been using AI cameras for some time now though.

Recorders with AI are fairly new tech, the manufactures say that the recorder is not meant as a replacement for some specific cameras such as ANPR for example, ANPR cameras have not only the technology required they have additional infra red and headlight compensation built into the camera. 

The top recorders only have 4 channels that can provide decent AI, the settings that I have been playing with seem to work just fine for intruder detection, but the cameras I am using also have the detection built in (just not switched on in my case)

I am yet to try the recorder AI on a camera that doesnt have AI onboard, I need to try it just for my own benefit,  knowing the product better helps me sell it.

While I am working from home now is an ideal time to play around with it, and it is on my list of things to do. Once I have finished sending out all my quotes and updating backup servers for the office that is. 

2 hours ago, james.wilson said:

bear in mind this will become a tickbox feature as lower end gear adds it as a feature that wont work at all like movement detection on traditional dvr's etc

Not quite sure I follow what you mean here, James?

I was just saying these features have been available for some time on high end kit. It's now making its way onto budget machines like hik. Next it will be on nest etc and as the slide down continues the performance will too

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Ah yes, I have no doubt this technology has been around for decades already. A bit like speech recognition, originally developed by IBM in the 60's has only just made it's way into the mass-consumer market with Alexa, Google, Apple, etc releasing their services around it. Although admittedly it has vastly been improved upon.

I'd be interested to know how far behind the Dahua and Hik AI is from the commercial offerings? From what I have researched, it's even miles behind what the likes of BlueIris software offers.

58 minutes ago, EViS said:

Ah yes, I have no doubt this technology has been around for decades already.

The only place i recall the tracking of objects with video would be in a fighter aircraft by use of radar ?

IIRC Cathexis then geovision stuff may have been the 1st place I saw analytics in cctv ?

The clever the kit, the more likely it is not going to do want you then it...

Mr? Veritas God

2 hours ago, MrHappy said:

The only place i recall the tracking of objects with video would be in a fighter aircraft by use of radar ?

IIRC Cathexis then geovision stuff may have been the 1st place I saw analytics in cctv ?

The clever the kit, the more likely it is not going to do want you then it...

what about tracking on ptz or you mean something else