Security Installer Community

SW-1070 External Bell Not Sounding

1 hour ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

Not sure what you mean. The zone type for the internal door is "alarm"  and  the zone option is "inhibit".

Is that you on your website? Thought you were some young dude , electronic hobby?

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

Is that you on your website? Thought you were some young dude , electronic hobby?

I thought I was a young dude too, lol! Are you interesting in joining the Facebook group?

1 hour ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

I thought I was a young dude too, lol! Are you interesting in joining the Facebook group?

Nah , don't do social media , bit of WhatsApp and even groups hate me because I leave before being locked out 

TSI would kick me out but the fight over who wants to push the button is far to complicated better to leave me to natter

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Logan said:

Cool   i might have to try hkc

The panel I used is a pro version, I was lucky enough to get it from my electrical suppler. Apparently it's only supposed to be supplied to professional , not sure of the logic of this? Maybe they're afraid of reverse engineering?

5 minutes ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

The panel I used is a pro version, I was lucky enough to get it from my electrical suppler. Apparently it's only supposed to be supplied to professional , not sure of the logic of this? Maybe they're afraid of reverse engineering?

The logic is its not a diy panel.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

6 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

or keep advising using Pyronix without much experience of other gear

But hkc is very good and is very stable 

I haven't had any false alarms since I installed mine last year. Previously I noticed that the old panel triggered when a mains plug was pulled out. Individual tampers probably also helps. The original tamper went all over the place, out to sheds and my workshop.