Security Installer Community

Abacus 6/14

Panda

I think you might find an engineer willing to certify it dead, but unless it has been continuously serviced for the last few years I think

a basic service is all most will offer, and be prepared for the fact that the majority will quite correctly recommend an upgrade.

Where abouts in the country are you located?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Agreed, I suppose it's one of the better / more advanced old ones, I'm not saying it's binworthy regardless but most of the plastic versions of Abacus

really are on their last legs PSU-wise, the ones I see anyway.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

2 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

I think you might find an engineer willing to certify it dead, but unless it has been continuously serviced for the last few years I think

a basic service is all most will offer, and be prepared for the fact that the majority will quite correctly recommend an upgrade.

Where abouts in the country are you located?

You might have killed the post off

This is it, I was reminded this morning I've been an Amazon customer for 20 years, it's probably older than you/the poster think ;)

31 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

You might have killed the post off

truth kills man

Edited by datadiffusion

2 hours ago, james.wilson said:

It would make sense to upgrade but if well maintained can function for 20 years + but its probably older than that already

Yes about 35 years old , I think they age better than some others lol 

How old are the 9800's now?

I think it depends as I am certain you could just about still buy them with the newer white 'no flap' keypad and optional 16 zone board (9800+) in 2000, but probably not long after that.

Either way, 20 yrs+, at best.

Am I right in thinking the above Abacus supported wireless natively?

Edited by datadiffusion
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

I think it depends as I am certain you could just about still buy them with the newer white 'no flap' keypad and optional 16 zone board (9800+) in 2000, but probably not long after that.

Either way, 20 yrs+, at best.

Am I right in thinking the above Abacus supported wireless natively?

No , wireless was an add on later , messy in my opinion , think H still services some lol

5 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

They're like that up North :ph34r:

It was an ok system on its own but I didn't really like the zone splitting either , it seems was easier than scrapping the whole panel 

37 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

No , wireless was an add on later , messy in my opinion , think H still services some lol

i believe the 9800 launched 1988ish with a white a4 manual which became a better quality a5 grey booklet ?

whilst I'm happy to work with old shite, its very hard to employ people to work with shit they've never seen...

Mr? Veritas God