Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy Keypad Fault

Hello

I’ve been installing a Honeywell Galaxy G2 44+ at home recently, the system consists of 2x prox keypads & 2x Power RIO’s. The system has been running stable for a few weeks (with fire zones) and after being away for a week I thought that I’d get the intruder side configured and up and running. 

The day I get back from being away I come across an odd fault with one of the keypads where after going through a few menu items the keypad display goes blank momentarily, then comes back. This is followed by the first line of of display becoming a row of black squares (as pictured)

If I power cycle everything this resolves the issue until they keypad is used again. They keypad then stays unusable until another power cycle. Not particularly ideal!

The other keypad works fine and diags shows 100% comms. 

The RS485 bus is configured as follows:

680ohm EOL resistor

keypad (with fault)

G2-44+

keypad

Power Rio

Power Rio

680ohm EOL resistor

System sees 6x modules. 

Any my ideas on what could be causing this issue?

Thanks

F25B107F-9C8D-4D09-8CCA-726E5E16F2F8.jpeg

7 minutes ago, GalaxyGuy said:

Agree, swap keypads over. Looks like a faulty keypad with bars like that.

Thank you both for your input & advise, I’ll try swapping the keypad and see how I get on. I did wonder if this would be the culprit.

Stuart - incidentally I also ordered a LCE from your shop last night, you may recall our various email conversations about home automation. In the end I thought I’d stick with what I had and then I can always upgrade to a GD at a later point. 

19 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

on the back of the keypad the terminal block is plugged on. I have had in the past the spring has moved and can be seen by looking through

What spring?

Yep a lot of panels used to have these (expecting faults?!) and scrapped them for that reason.

You can sometimes still see on the PCB where the footprint was before they changed them for standard terminals.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands