Security Installer Community

Toplok ADT bell box

Jack b

Can any one help me with identifying a few of these terminals on this old ADT box.

PID and anti drill.

Also does the tube markings mean i can have an extra xenon tube for an inside flash if someone were to get inside the box?

20190317_104059.jpg

15535453209622089155632703761464.jpg

15535453928253812085340837286861.jpg

15535454223888141157309532581670.jpg

It's an old ADT box, pre merger between Thorn and Modern when they went with the Elmdene Rapier for their HS applications. Batt shows 1993 so well before the 1997 (ish) merger.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

1 hour ago, norman said:

It's an old ADT box, pre merger between Thorn and Modern when they went with the Elmdene Rapier for their HS applications. Batt shows 1993 so well before the 1997 (ish) merger.

Exactly why we alarm gorillas! 

2 hours ago, norman said:

Am i correct in saying that this is a toplok bell box or did toplok only make the circuitry?

Edited by Jack b
Messed up a bit

On 26/03/2019 at 22:46, Jack b said:

Dont suppose you know what the PID terminals do?

The pid connections are for connection to a pid(point interface device) bit like a galaxy rio ,used on very old ADT focus panels which were way ahead of their time back in the day 

29 minutes ago, goncall said:

The pid connections are for connection to a pid(point interface device) bit like a galaxy rio ,used on very old ADT focus panels which were way ahead of their time back in the day 

My folks garage still has one of the original Adt Focus bell boxes up. Still happily ringing away 24 years later 

5C28C490-4420-4D93-A789-5D41142FBF25.jpeg

2 hours ago, goncall said:

What is it used for?