Security Installer Community

Reliable Push Notifications System

Lighthouse

25 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

No push notification is 100% guaranteed, there are too many third parties involved and it's not a two way polled communication.

What third parties?

You mean like the WiFi connection , broadband and so on itself? 

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Hello all,

I was hoping to get everyones opinion as to what systems they are using and how they find there reliability with regards to the app and push notifications. I am currently using Texecom but have found it to be inconsistent at times. Any opinions appreciated!

Regards,

Jon

Swerve the free ones, anyone thats giving app for free has no motivation to get it working asap when it goes wrong, especially on a nice day like this.

What issues are you having with Texecom Connect? I have it at home (with a Webway for the proper signalling) and 99% of the time the notifications come through within 10 seconds. The odd occasion it's taken a few minutes but as above, with any push service you are relying on lots of seperate links in the chain, not many of which you can be sure will always work. Apple/Samsung don't provide any guarantees that their push service will work wether the app is free or not so you're at their mercy.

Saying that, haven't there been problems with Dualcom in the not too distant past with outages?

Trade Member