Security Installer Community

HELP - DIY TEXECOM Premier Elite 48 Hybrid Ricochet

SarahM

Hi, 

I wanted to install a security alarm, my partner decided a telecom model would be best as he has installed a wired one before. HOWEVER, the one we purchased was a Hybrid model with the expander and a telecom connect box...here's where my problems start, he appears to have connected everything up including the keypad, but when we get to learning the wireless PIR, door contacts etc nothing seems to be working either using the texeconnect app or the keypad itself?? I am in tears and my partner is ready to rip it off the wall with his bare hands...Can anyone please provide some guidance that doesn't mean you have to be a genius with a guidebook to understand?? PLEASE??

They are a commercial grade system designed to be fitted by trained installers. Its no surprise you would have difficulty if you don't understand the terminology used or what each menu means.

If you are really lost I can only suggest you find an installer that maybe able to help you out. If you wish to continue with the DIY I would suggest you take a break from it and have a cuppa with a read of the FULL install manual if you are lucky enough to have a copy.

To continue to give you DIY guidance you need to break the issue down into questions a bit more and would need to know more about the exact kit you purchased and how you wired it.

Forget about the app it's not a consumer product like that, programming will be done via the keypad. Enrolling is covered in manuals you have to follow the exact procedure with the receiver in enroll mode otherwise devices will be ignored.

Patience will be the key, if you read other threads on here even keen DIYers spend months asking questions before getting something close to working.

59 minutes ago, SarahM said:

Hi, 

I wanted to install a security alarm, my partner decided a telecom model would be best as he has installed a wired one before. HOWEVER, the one we purchased was a Hybrid model with the expander and a telecom connect box...here's where my problems start, he appears to have connected everything up including the keypad, but when we get to learning the wireless PIR, door contacts etc nothing seems to be working either using the texeconnect app or the keypad itself?? I am in tears and my partner is ready to rip it off the wall with his bare hands...Can anyone please provide some guidance that doesn't mean you have to be a genius with a guidebook to understand?? PLEASE??

Also texecom have a help line for diyers

Find a local house basher to programme it up for you is another option but he might still charge you £250?

Perhaps get all your equipment on the wall in each position and then work on a circuit at a time

But as swb said this is way over your head , wrong choice of panel really should have bought Yale as a fun project

• 1 month later...

When I was installing my Texecom Preier Elite 48 system myself I had similar problems at the beginning.

It turned out to be that the system sets some kind of encryption key automatically between the panel/keypad/expander.

My advice would be to do a complete hard reset of the system and start setting everything up from the beginning.

I'm happy to lend any assistance I can if you'd like to PM me.