Security Installer Community

2 Way Monitored Alarm Silent Calling

JonJR

Hi,

We’ve had a monitored alarm for a few years, it’s recently stopped working, it rings the monitoring station but they can’t hear us and we can’t hear them. It does occasionally work. It’s only a  theory but could it be the heat, something expanding? Main alarm unit is in the loft and it gets unbearably hot up there and we’ve only noticed the issue the last month. Don’t want to get them out and find it’s something stupid that will take me 2 mins to sort.

Cheers

Yep in UK, it’s a Veritas R8 plus. There’s a speaker and microphone unit, if a burglar enters the system rings monitoring station and they come on and ask for password, the alarm is ringing them but they can’t hear anything. It only seems to have been going on for the last month, it worked okay yesterday morning but down again today.

cheers

Edited by JonJR

15 minutes ago, JonJR said:

That’s the one,.

Without Prejudice.

Cheapest plastic panel with mickey mouse 2 way audio, connected to monitoring station bloke sat a spare bedroom somewhere nr York

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

He must share his spare room as I’ve spoken to a few of them over the last few days and they are on the phone EVERY time the alarm is triggered. And I know for a fact a very large chain of bookmakers use them. 

48 minutes ago, JonJR said:

He must share his spare room as I’ve spoken to a few of them over the last few days and they are on the phone EVERY time the alarm is triggered. And I know for a fact a very large chain of bookmakers use them. 

Ok so what are they called , or its secret?