Security Installer Community

Wireless recommendations

llihp

Apologies in this is common request, but i'm after a bit of advice for a wireless home alarm system.

I've done a fair bit of reading/research and decided on either a Pyronix Enforcer V10 or a Texecom Premier Elite system. Both systems seem to offer what I want, the starter kits seem pretty good and would only need to purchase a few extra bits to get me up and running with either.

Main requirements are for a system with 3/4 PIRs, 1/2 door contacts, bell, control box, keypad etc...

My main concerns around the systems are, Pyronix:

- The keypad is on the control box, I think I would prefer a seperate keypad so I can have the control box hidden away

Texecom:

- I can't work out what I would need to have external alerts (sms, phone etc...) when the alarm sounds

I interested in knowing which of the two is easier to setup, more flexible etc... Having read the installation manuals, the Texecom looks easier to setup via the Wintex software, whilst the Pyronix looks easier to setup overall.

Any help/comments appreciated!

First question is do you think you are capable of completing the job, we have had many DIY installers pass through here and struggle to install or program there systems.

Do you have the time and/or patience to mess around for getting your system operational, if not consider getting a few quotes.

Secondly is there a reason for looking at wireless systems, many systems can be easily and discretely wired if you know what you are doing.

Regarding the systems you have asked about, they are both different types of system Pyronix being a wireless system whereas Texecom having lots of hybrid options.

I would also install a system with a separate keypad where possible.

Your question regarding the Texecom equipment is a bit vague, there are lots of different options for alerts depending on the model.

No transmission modules are included with any of the Texecom panels so you can decide which is best for the job.

Do note no "private reporting" system is as secure as a monitored system where the transmission path is polled regularly to check its operation.

Anything is easy when you know what you are doing, I imagine from a DIY POV Pyronix being more plug and play whereas Texecom has loads of options still doesn't mean either can be installed easily with no knowledge.

2 hours ago, llihp said:

Apologies in this is common request, but i'm after a bit of advice for a wireless home alarm system.

I've done a fair bit of reading/research and decided on either a Pyronix Enforcer V10 or a Texecom Premier Elite system. Both systems seem to offer what I want, the starter kits seem pretty good and would only need to purchase a few extra bits to get me up and running with either.

Main requirements are for a system with 3/4 PIRs, 1/2 door contacts, bell, control box, keypad etc...

My main concerns around the systems are, Pyronix:

- The keypad is on the control box, I think I would prefer a seperate keypad so I can have the control box hidden away

Texecom:

- I can't work out what I would need to have external alerts (sms, phone etc...) when the alarm sounds

I interested in knowing which of the two is easier to setup, more flexible etc... Having read the installation manuals, the Texecom looks easier to setup via the Wintex software, whilst the Pyronix looks easier to setup overall.

Any help/comments appreciated!

I don't use enforcer but I thought there was a remote keypad you could put on , enforcer will also be easier to programme and problem solve imo 

Thanks for the responses so far, will reply in more detail after I've done a bit more research.

It's my first attempt at installing an alarm, so will be a bit of a learning experience but i'm up for the challenge.

sixwheeledbest: Thanks for the link, will read the thread later tonight

Texecom's are fantastic, but not for a Beginner / Novice.

For smart phone control you will need a Smartcom, for SMS a Com2400, You can also fit a speech module.

Texecom does have the advantage of a Full Wireless Keypad, but personally, I prefer to fit a wired version and see it alive.

Same with the bell, much nicer to be alive.

But plan for a world of pain as a beginner.

Pyronix have a good reputation, much simpler and cheaper. Some kits also come with a WiFi Module Included.

You can also get a wireless setting station or just use the Remote controls.

I beleive you can also fit a wired full display Keypad to the enforcer if you wish.

I would suggest you go with the Pyronix Enforcer.

p.s. Have you considered getting a professional installation quote, because it may just not be worth the hassle doing it yourself. It's more likely to be done right and you have a channel of recourse if it fails to perform.

Hope this helps.

Ian