Security Installer Community

Home System Recomendations

Hi, I've just moved into a new home. It currently has a 9800 control box (I think) and a 9827 handset. The handset doesn't appear to work, just beeps when pressed. We had an engineer round, he changed battery and circuit board but still nothing, he has suggested replacing system with a Honeywell Flex 20? Is it any good? still seems a little bit old to me. I presume it will work on the existing cabling?

Any recommendations appreciated.

The flex is the most recent panel from Honeywell and suited to domestic or small business. It's a hybrid system, so can cope with wired and wireless devices. It can have IP and GSM modules added for remote connectivity and various messaging or self monitoring options. It will work with existing wiring and devices. Zones can be individually programmed to suit the existing install.

Get two more quotes, and go with who you feel most comfortable with, you can search using your postcode at https://www.nsi.org.uk/directory/#topform and https://ssaib.org

You could use a non approved company, however, I would suggest you only use a co that has been recommended by someone you know and trust. With an approved co you have a body to go to if it all goes wrong 

On 12/06/2018 at 13:57, Mike Kelly said:

They’ve quoted to remove old control panel and keypad and replace with new Honeywell Flex-20 and keypad, programme, test and commission. 

About right then with no detectors