Security Installer Community

Texecom speech and text Dialler , Text not working

Soot mark may be the screen cover , when you buy new, as I did not take this off.

I am returning the speech only Dialler  and he will send me the speech and text Diallers and it is costing me more in postage returning it twice, I should of bought it locally for all the hassle I have to go through, fitted twice and now I have to take it off , so power off and take battery out and take it off the wall.

This is the reason I need a Text option  to be sure the message gets through I'm thinking txt is better,

This is just to call a friend or Family member who will be key holder when I'm working away a lot out of the country and it could dial his mobile but if no answer and its answered by voicemail will the message be lost due to normal answer message and speak after tone ......i.e will speech just start straight after answer and could fail to be recorded by voicemail?

Hence I'm thinking txt is better and just send to mobile just to be on the safe side.

I wanted both options speech and Text, just in case they don’t answer or missed the call, so the text will be more better chance as a back up , if the caller is missed.

28 minutes ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Soot mark may be the screen cover , when you buy new, as I did not take this off.

I am returning the speech only Dialler  and he will send me the speech and text Diallers and it is costing me more in postage returning it twice, I should of bought it locally for all the hassle I have to go through, fitted twice and now I have to take it off , so power off and take battery out and take it off the wall.

This is the reason I need a Text option  to be sure the message gets through I'm thinking txt is better,

This is just to call a friend or Family member who will be key holder when I'm working away a lot out of the country and it could dial his mobile but if no answer and its answered by voicemail will the message be lost due to normal answer message and speak after tone ......i.e will speech just start straight after answer and could fail to be recorded by voicemail?

Hence I'm thinking txt is better and just send to mobile just to be on the safe side.

I wanted both options speech and Text, just in case they don’t answer or missed the call, so the text will be more better chance as a back up , if the caller is missed.

If you want both doesn't make sense from one device and doesn't make sense no gsm

1 hour ago, CARETAKER46 said:

We have already explained this. Both are poor as regards security however, speech is slightly better if your using a landline as your not relying on a third party TAP service.

If someone cuts your telephone line, which is likely in premeditated burglary your not going to get any messages anyway is the point.

As regards the soot marks, Mr. H is pointing out how old the panel is and hasn't been serviced in a while.

Hi James,

So you are recommending to buy another Product like GSM Standalone , so it depends on the Sim card and no worries about the cable being cut.

Dear Al Yeti.

Understood your message, so i need the both Dialler and Separate Text GSM standalone and the franz.com Opentap will be No good , if the Bt cable is cut, so not text message or call.

Hi SixWheeledBeast

Ah Soot mark on the Veritas R8 panel you are talking about, just cleaned it, as i was installing the Dialler, but not had it serviced. What do i need to have it serviced, as it looked all ok to me. I never knew you had to serviced the Alarm panels. I thought it was cars, Boilers and bike i have this serviced, but never knew about the Alarm system.

If the panel supports line fail to a programmed output or has pins you could have a gsm module that will also ping you that line has failed but it will ping every time 

Think about costs , if you paid a monitoring company to do all this they would notify you anyway 

But there are monthly costs from that way some cheap some expensive 

It maybe your a enthusiastic diyer then I recommend you just do what your doing 

Problem will be in finding a cheap enough contract SIM like max £5 per month unlimited sms

Ps James I reckon is pointing to having a monitoring station and maintainer

17 minutes ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Thanks Guys for your reply.

Thank you Al-Yeti for your information and Knowledge- 5 star to all the guys who have advised me and help me- really appreciated.

Five stars of expert advice from others on TS, I I am a amateur lol

Hope things work out

What does TS means ?

is my Panel overloaded, I never had any problems with the panel or Alarm since 2004/5

i never noticed the soot, I will have to investigate where the soot is.

Just a curiosity, even if I used another company to monitor my Alarm system, if the burglar cut my home Bt line, would the monitoring  company know or they see a Bt line gone Faulty and try and contact the owner on thier mobile phone , which is registered to them.