Security Installer Community

Texecom speech and text Dialler , Text not working

I spoke to technical and told me to press back arrow and 4 to check which model it is, so I will check tonight on the speech Dialler keypad.

There was another TAP service  

free to register  and just pay for the telephone call.see below link.

https://www.open-telecom.co.uk/products-services/opentap-to-mobile-text-sms-and-email-messaging-gateway/order-your-opentap-gateway-service/

Hi Al yeti,

I will try your link, but I will read it first. However when I rang texecom they said I need to put this number down 07785499993, so I will try this tonight.

Edited by CARETAKER46

33 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Same link dude 

Sorry did not check and just copy and pasted.

so I have the Dialler and if I register my information with the link, does it make the call first from the Dialler or the link ?

i don’t want both ringing speech Dialler and the opentap together.

Just try one at a time the dialler can call you direct if you programme your number in phone number one as an example

Or just try the open tap details to send you an SMS via there site but leave your number out if that's what you want 

I still think if you want just a general sms keep the dialler as a dialling unit and get another game unit to send the SMS it will be cheaper than open tap 

1 hour ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Sorry did not check and just copy and pasted.

so I have the Dialler and if I register my information with the link, does it make the call first from the Dialler or the link ?

i don’t want both ringing speech Dialler and the opentap together.

There are some units that will dial and SMS and will choose depending on what is available ie if you had a line fail the SMS would send or vice versa

Hi Al - Yeti,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried the Dialler on Saturday and it does Dials out and rings my mobile from my home telephone number.

it also worked on the other 2 numbers , my wife and my sister in law. so the Dialler voice is working fine.

With Opentap franz.com if i dont give my phone number and just opt for Email Message and text message will need a mobile number ?

PLEASE NOTE: OpenTAP gateway also works without having to register your receiving mobile phone numbers. By just simply inputting the gateway access number within UK 07045607101 (for international users, please input +447045607101 and remember to follow step 5 of the above mentioned). If you wish to receive email message alerts as well as text messages, you will still have to register.

Read more https://www.open-telecom.co.uk/products-services/opentap-to-mobile-text-sms-and-email-messaging-gateway/

Do you still get charged by not registering your mobile number with Opentap ?

What do you mean another Game unit to send SMS?

Edited by CARETAKER46

Hi al yeti,

Mine is Texecom Veritas R8, 3 keypads, 6 Zones, 1 bell box, 1 speech Dialler .

i was speaking to franz.com and he said if you register your phone number, then we can send you the text or your registered email address as well.

if I don’t register , then the binary bits will communicate with the Dialler and what ever Number is registered it will send text message.

they charge per second while dialling, connection , as I thought it charged £0.50p per text. So if I have 8 people registered, then it will send 8 text and it will charge for each number stored on the Dialler. 

If you want to send 1 text only to one caller, then I need to remove 7 Numbers from the register list, otherwise you get charged for all 8 text.

i also checked by pressing back arrow and number 4 on speech Dialler and it only shows SPEECH ONLY.

so MrHappy was right, it has the features, but you can not use the text, strange why have feature when you can not use it.

875B063C-C988-4480-8263-F728D22799F1.jpeg

1 hour ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Hi al yeti,

Mine is Texecom Veritas R8, 3 keypads, 6 Zones, 1 bell box, 1 speech Dialler .

i was speaking to franz.com and he said if you register your phone number, then we can send you the text or your registered email address as well.

if I don’t register , then the binary bits will communicate with the Dialler and what ever Number is registered it will send text message.

they charge per second while dialling, connection , as I thought it charged £0.50p per text. So if I have 8 people registered, then it will send 8 text and it will charge for each number stored on the Dialler. 

If you want to send 1 text only to one caller, then I need to remove 7 Numbers from the register list, otherwise you get charged for all 8 text.

i also checked by pressing back arrow and number 4 on speech Dialler and it only shows SPEECH ONLY.

so MrHappy was right, it has the features, but you can not use the text, strange why have feature when you can not use it.

875B063C-C988-4480-8263-F728D22799F1.jpeg

So get stand alone GSM unit for txt if needed