Security Installer Community

Le Sucre Bell box SEF8M registration problems

sjn2004

Hi,

I've just installed a Honeywell Le Sucre system, 3 PIR's, 1 door contact and 3 shock sensors, all pretty smoothly. Only problem is the bell box model SEF8M won't register with the system. Followed the instructions to the letter and nothing picked up. Called the place where I bought the system from who called Honeywell. Came back to me and said I need to deinstall all the early sensors and register the bell box first. I did this but still no joy. Placed batteries in correct order, rear tamper pressed then pressed front tamper, released one but nothing. The bell box makes beeps at 1 sec intervals for a minute or so then stops, then starts again.

My thoughts now are either

- this bellbox has already been registered on another system hence won't pair with mine or

- its a dud,

any thoughts /tips before I return it?

thanks

Simon

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

is it on the wall or near the unit?

I notice this before some don't like being right next to the panel so move away if trying to register it near the panel, or call local gorilla 

• Upvote 1

Hi, thanks for the quick replies.

Currently had it on the floor and set up as if on a wall.

Rear tamper pressed (as if on a wall), inserted batteries in order, then depressed and gel front tamper. Makes beeps for a while. Released front tamper but no change. While testing the bell box is in a different room than the Le Sucre main box.

On the tag reader, there is a line that connects Full arm/Partial arm with a picture of a bell, is this related and what does it do? Looked through all the manuals and no mention of it.

Also , on the register page there is a tick box "activate part silent mode' but no explanation.

see screenshot

thanks

lesucre.jpg