Security Installer Community

Chaps - Help the uneducated and ignorant

Bluenoze78

Risco are a decent company - a proper security company unlike, say, Yale, so as long as you have picked a decent installer you should be fine.

Although people can and do have 'gaps', I would be a bit wary of the person that is available tomorrow! Remember the upside of a decent system

is that you have to live with it for the next 15-20 years!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

DD

Thanks, fair comment.  I get the feeling the chap is busy, its me being the ass trying to get him in.... I suspect he'll get to it in his own time.

In the interim I'm training the kids rabbits to be guard dogs.

If the system lasts 10 years ill be happy

Yale - agree, marketed for the mass market / DIY. 

Thanks

Derek

4 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Agreed although ironically on remote control the Vanderbilt is the ultimate 'come back another day' panel, I know of no other system where you can isolate,

for example, individual keypad tampers remotely...

Cant stop a runnaway bell though, yes I know they all have timers nowadays, but I had one chirping every couple of minutes for several hours until we could get the engineer there, apparently drove the neighbors mad

18 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Cant stop a runnaway bell though, yes I know they all have timers nowadays, but I had one chirping every couple of minutes for several hours until we could get the engineer there, apparently drove the neighbors mad

Was it chirping because it was bent?

37 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Well, if you connected hold off via a NC relay, you could still isolate bell tamper return...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

34 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Was it chirping because it was bent?

Guttering had leaked directly down the back of the bell and ingress'd the PCB

14 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Well, if you connected hold off via a NC relay, you could still isolate bell tamper return...

It didnt tamper it just chirped 

• Upvote 1

Chaps

I was about to pay the deposit on the Agility and ano chap came back quoting the Texecom.......so I thought - Ask the professionals;

Risco Agility 3 with the  

2 x Smoke detectors and the  

4 x door contacts,  

2 x Camera PIRs  

6 x Standard PIRs,

2 x Fobs,

4 x Proximity tags,

External wireless sounder,

PSTN unit and IP unit

c £1,700 all in - is this fair and reasonable?

Have also been quoted for a

Texecom ricochet system to allow

6 PIRs,

4 doors,

1 external sounder,

1 GSM module,

1 hardwired key pad.

c £1,320 all in - again, is this fair and reasonable?

The first quote has 2 extra PIR's and 2 smoke detectors and I understand the Texecom GSM is a SIM card "thing" so may have more on-going communication costs.

What's the consensus, you guys know what's what?! what would you go for, both I understand are decent systems (ie not Yale) If I strip out the smoke alarms on the first the quote was £1,470 (although he seems to have added 2 more PIR's from the first quote to the second)

Decisions Decisions......

BN