Security Installer Community

engr

coituma

You need to compare what the psu is putting out with what is at the end of the 100 meters on load. If its DC and you have a big volt drop theres your problem , you can raise the voltage by doubling up cores or using thicker cables but it would be better to power the cameras locally 

What cable are you using for power? Powering locally means plug the power box in at the camera. DC will lose voltage over 100 meters it really depends on the cable size Google ohms law for more info. AC travels better over that sort of distance.

RG6 could be a bit small for 150 meters I dont use coax personally, we use cat 5 with Baluns over that sort of distance we would us active baluns  

I use RJ59 with power attach to it from camera to power box.

I have even use balun to bridge it between the power box point to that RG6 cable and it shows well, but after some time trips, but if unplug and allow to discharge for sometimes it come on again or when it sames the current is more steady it works.

Note: this connection pass through three building. One house the camera, another the power box and finally the third building the termination point where the DVR is.

I also thought about using cat6 but because of attenuation I did not, please does power loss it strength with long distance?