Security Installer Community

Risco Agility 3 Tamper Alarm Error Reset

thereishope

*RESOLVED* Ok thanks for your replies folks. It turns out it was a faulty tamper switch and I was given a new Main unit which works fine. Although there was a faint click on the faulty tamper switch, the new one is higher pitch and very obvious click (hard to describe in words). If anyone else reading this post ever changes the main unit, make sure you remove batteries from the PIR camera, then register or the cameras will only send messages and not images (a 2 channel communication thing and the image channel seems to get stucky).

Has anyone got any ideas to improve the GSM signal. The GSM unit has a small quad antenna attached but I was looking at a repeater or booster to improve reception?

RiscoAgility3-pcb-antenna.JPG

On 9 April 2016 at 1:57 AM, PeterJames said:

Are you sure the lid is closing the switch properly? try stretching the spring a little

Just to conclude on this Tamper switch issue - PeterJames you were spot on and I didn't pull hard enough (the spring ;)). I've attached a close up of the faulty tamper switch. It should have a gap between the bottom of the spring and the contact plate. A slight twist to unwind the spring and pull up to create a gap between the spring and the flat metal plate. You should then hear a better click sound. I needed to see the working version before I realised this obvious issue.

Now I just wish I could make calls to the unit as it hangs up on me. See new topic for those problem solving folks:

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 7.06.56 AM.png

On 16 April 2016 at 0:43 PM, thereishope said:

The GSM unit has a small quad antenna attached but I was looking at a repeater or booster to improve reception?

Another lesson learnt if you are getting unexpected signal issues, check the antenna wire is connected to the correct spot! Not sure why it came like this but once connected I'm getting good receptions (3-4  out of 5 on the signal strength test). The fly lead should be connected to the antenna not the onboard antenna.

antenna-cut.jpg

Edited by thereishope