Security Installer Community

Company Vehicle

Joe Doherty

But surely it would be better to hire a van for the 3 months probation and of it works out sort one long term?

Depends on the size of the company, all expenses are vital when you are small you dont have the luxury of a big maintenance base to cover your costs if it gets quiet one week. I remember when I purchased my first company I was ordering kit from CSD to install one week so I could pay Enterprise and then I was ordering the kit from Enterprise the next week to pay CSD. I went with out wages many times to make sure my engineers got paid, but that is what its like you do what you have to to make it work. If I had a van on the road hired or on contract hirer and it wasnt earning money I would have been far worse off. I was lucky the co I purchased had four vans and engineers to go with them. 

Well been for a few interviews last 2 weeks been to one today seems like a really decent firm tbh from the rest that ive seen, i could see myself being there a long time to be honest. Everything was offered from the outset aswell which was good, Didnt think i sold myself enough but can only hope they seen the potential in me. Plus theres a lad where i work who says to me if had your knowledge i wouldnt be sat here, so i can finally tell him i am leaving haha, :). All my fingers and toes crossed. If i hear back from the chancer firm probably turn it down, As job security & progression at the top of my list

Edited by Joe Doherty

Well been for a few interviews last 2 weeks been to one today seems like a really decent firm tbh from the rest that ive seen, i could see myself being there a long time to be honest. Everything was offered from the outset aswell which was good, Didnt think i sold myself enough but can only hope they seen the potential in me. Plus theres a lad where i work who says to me if had your knowledge i wouldnt be sat here, so i can finally tell him i am leaving haha, :). All my fingers and toes crossed. If i hear back from the chancer firm probably turn it down, As job security & progression at the top of my list

Good luck Joe  :cheers::'>

Least your honest... :-