Security Installer Community

Photos of alarm system installation

Guest mike2004

Stop teasing Rich!!!!!

DP= Double Pole, one circuit for the zone, and another for the Tamper circuit (both N/C)

D7

29455[/snapback]

It was funny though D7. :D

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest mike2004

post-3165-1098914685_thumb.jpg

You could use one of the 2 zones on the control panel for the door contact. This would free up a zone to split up your zone 3 dining/lounge.

28186[/snapback]

Further to your cunning suggestion, I've chased in a run for 2 new cables from the site of the keypad to the PIRs in the lounge and diningroom. This will free up 2 zones from the main panel, allowing more expandability. (Good to have had the chance to do this at this stage, before the redecoration - in matching wallpaper, obviously!):

Yeah. Not being funny but where that chase is, I would be nailing my prize collection of spent condoms there.

I'd have been whizzed by 240vac, pushing up the daffs and that, all because I nailed through a mains cable trying to display a shelf containing the tokens of my sexual conquest.

ACE.gif

Stop teasing Rich!!!!!

DP= Double Pole, one circuit for the zone, and another for the Tamper circuit (both N/C)

D7

29455[/snapback]

and in 8 zone control panel if using DP there is a separate tamper "zone" for every zone?

In the better panels there are individual tampers Georg, in the budget panels there is one global tamper that you series wire all the tampers to.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

In the better panels there are individual tampers Georg, in the budget panels there is one global tamper that you series wire all the tampers to.

29623[/snapback]

Yes, I use those better panels and DEOL (or ID). Which panel for example uses DP and has individual tamper for all zones?

Guest mike2004
Looks to me like the horizontal chase is running in the middle of nowhere, how far above it is the ceiling?

29593[/snapback]

Its about 70cm further up.

The horizontal chase continues off the right of that photo, into and up a small alcove, where it drills out into the corners of the lounge and dining rooms, for their PIRs. In the same alcove, it is joined by the cable runs from the panel to the hall PIR and the soundbomb.

Yeah. Not being funny but where that chase is, I would be nailing my prize collection of spent condoms there.

I'd have been whizzed by 240vac, pushing up the daffs and that, all because I nailed through a mains cable trying to display a shelf containing the tokens of my sexual conquest.

29600[/snapback]

Well, what can I say! I don't know what would look worse: the present wallpaper or your trophy collection!

Anyway, you'll be pleased to know there's no 240v in my alarm cables :w00t:

and in 8 zone control panel if using DP there is a separate tamper "zone" for every zone?

29618[/snapback]

In the Premier there's 4 terminals (A,A,T,T) for every zone input, so every zone has its own N/C tamper loop.

Archived