Security Installer Community

Photos of alarm system installation

Guest mike2004

Guest thundercat

part P will work because all mortgage and insurance providers will want to see the relevent documentation for your home i.e. initial electrical certificate (for new installation) and any periodic inspection reports (issued at change of ownership or occupancy and at intervals of 10years for domestic dwellings) and could stop the sale of an house because the surveyor would pick up on this!

I cant really see mortgage and insurance companies being all that fussy in a competitive marketplace, espicially concerning how few deaths are actually caused by this- something like 35 a year? even if 35 a year are too many

i would also guess thats its highly unlikely to be picked up on a basic house purchase survey, as some lenders now are happy with a 'drive by survey', yes you may be right on a structual survey. if anything its the buyers solicitors who may ask and warranties given (as in legal warranties!)

Where is the topic starter???

31650[/snapback]

In the true spirit of DIY he's probably going to let the project run for about 8 years before it gets near completion! :whistle:

At least Mike made an attempt to do it properly and used proper alarm cable.  :whistle:

31763[/snapback]

It is proper only for UK - regulations.

We have been discussing this already, Lurchio. UK-type alarm cable is very simple cable type which is not anyhow suitable for data transmission.

(I assume that you know by now that there is also data transmission in alarm systems, not only current loops.)

And I understand it wasn't you who made that stupid regulation.

Guest mike2004
Where is the topic starter???

Ah perhaps he is taking the roof off to get the siren cable in, yep that would be it!  :D

31650[/snapback]

In the true spirit of DIY he's probably going to let the project run for about 8 years before it gets near completion! :whistle:

31663[/snapback]

Hi All,

I'm guilty as charged, m'lod! I've not been posting for a while because, as suggested, the job is still ongoing, and I've been scrabbling around under those floor boards in the cellar, tidying up those cable runs and installing the panel and bellbox.

The main reason why its taking this long, is I'm having to make it fit in with all the other developments that are ongoing at the house (demolitions, building of extension, installation of central heating, decorating), so the installation is having to be done in lots of fixes. Eg, pirs still aren't up (waiting for redecoration), although cables are in place.

:wacko: Hopefully there will be progress this side of the next ice age...

Mike

Guest thundercat

keep us up to date mike - as a fellow diyer ( although i admit i didnt get much further than dropping cables this time round - if i had the time i would done more on my premier install, still there are a few items to still fit, when the last part of the hosue is completed

but like you with plumbing, plasterers, and decorators etc the alarm has to play second fiddle to some of the other jobs, even if its a nice new gadget!

Archived