Security Installer Community

Photos of alarm system installation

Guest mike2004

Guest mike2004

It was mentioned by Dave in reply to another post that pictures of DIY installations might be of interest to the site.

I'm beginning the installation of an alarm system in my house which I'm currently renovating, and am installing a Texecom Premier 88 - having deliberated upon my choice recently following advice in this forum, that I was very grateful for :)http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/foru...?showtopic=3508

Its the first time I've tried this, although I'm quite competent with wiring/DIY stuff (for example, I recently completed a total rewiring of the house).

post-3165-1098132691_thumb.jpg

This picture shows where I plan to site the control panel - in the cellar. I've already put in a fused unswitched connection unit next to where I plan to put the panel. I've taken this off a separate circuit breaker in the consumer unit, which will be used solely for the alarm system.

If it will be of interest, I'm happy to take further pictures as I go along.

Mike

Sorry to put a downer on this, but shouldn't you be using T&E to power the panel?

Would definately like to see the progress pics though!!

T&E?

28088[/snapback]

Twin and Earth, the common term for solid mains cable.

T & E to power the panel.........No not if its connected to a fused spur with flex outlet.

28096[/snapback]

Here here, I personally dislike seeing anything but flex inside the control.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Second that, one of my pet hates seeing T&E connection to a spur, corner cutting in my book.

28107[/snapback]

Third that, horses 4 courses.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived