Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite Flash Programmer Pinout / Diy?

gw0udm

Hi

I've got a Premier Elite 48 and I want to upgrade the firmware to v3.0 which has just been released.

However I'm balking a bit at paying £30 or so for the programming board, which seems like a lot for a a chip and a coupe of capacitors. I'm trying to find some info about it to see if I can build my own. I've already been able to DIY the USB cable, the GSM adapter and the COM-IP interface (documented at http://gw0udm.wordpress.com if anyone is interested) so I'd quite like keep going.

I wondered if anyone knew what the pinout of the programming port is? 

As an alternative, if anyone has the official device (CDH-0001) I'd love to see a good quality photo of the underside and I might be able to work out the circuit from that.

Thanks very much for any advice... even if it is 'what on earth are you thinking'  :proud:

James

Edited by gw0udm

I second that.

The programming port is for flashing only.

Yes agreed - that's all I want to do, just want to find a cheaper way of doing it.

Seems a bit cheapskate for them not to put that programming chip on the main board, but I suppose it's better than having to change the firmware by physically replacing it.

James

I am not trying to put you off but when flashing it's critical that it goes well or you will brick your panel.

If you save a few quid but you brick a panel it's not a good cost saving exercise.

Also the flasher has been the same for years, even the older less powerful panels had the same flasher separate.

I can only speculate the reasons for this, maybe security or cost are some of the factors.

Even more experienced folk here will come back with tales of bricked panels, not perhaps so much on site but messing around on the bench.

Texecom provide the updates foc and for the trade the cost of the flasher is negligable per panel.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Even more experienced folk here will come back with tales of bricked panels, not perhaps so much on site but messing around on the bench.

Texecom provide the updates foc and for the trade the cost of the flasher is negligable per panel.

Yes indeed, but for me I'll only use it once or twice so cost per use is quite high!

I probably will end up buying one, but may have a go at reverse engineering it in case some brave soul fancies giving it a go.

James