Security Installer Community

Gardtec 500 Panel Sounding Intermittently

DaveF63

We recently moved into a house with a Gardtec 500 panel.

The previous owners said they did not know the alarm code, so we have never set it.

About 2 weeks ago we had a powercut and the alarm went off for about 1 minute before the power came back on and the alarm stopped.

Now the panel has started bleeping/chiming 3 times then stopping, then bleeping 3 again time a while later. This seems to be happening more frequently.

The panel is showing 86 or B6 and has done ever since we moved in.

Does anyone know what the issue could be and how to solve it ?

Any help would be appreciated as we are worried the alarm is going to go off and we have no way of shutting it off as we have no code.

What it sounds like is you need to employ the services of an intruder technician, as one can see, there could be a number of causes tbh, and without being on site one is clutching, we're good, but we're not mind readers, probably due a service anyway eh?.

Thanks for your input.

We plan getting rid of the panel and replacing with a newer/better unit soon. Just hope it lasts long enough for us to do so.

I found a couple of bare wires which would have been attached to the front door sensor. I think they may have been shorting out against each other. I've taped them up and the bleeping seems to have stopped. It may be a coincidence or it may have been the problem. The B6/86 code is still there but it doesn't appear to be causing any problem.