Security Installer Community

Paragon Plus

rawsons0

hi new to this has you probably guessed today i tried to set my paragon plus alarm and although chime light is on and power light the digit led is not on either of my control panels so when i press digits to set i get the beep but thats it alarm will not set i have taken cover off main control panel and alarm goes off tested battery ok 

anybody have any ideas what could be wrong

thanks in advance geoff

Hello Rawson, there's not much to go wrong with this panel, used it with no problems whatsoever. brilliant panel just goes on working for years. Check your user instructions first of all to get rid of the chime light and we'll go from there. If you haven't renewed the standby battery within the last say three or four years you should do so now, regardless of it's reading.

Out of curiosity, did your alarm used to chime? As above its an old panel and its totally incorrect to say that not much will go wrong

This is a good time to update it , May work out cheaper as you have cables in place and May work out

Give your front door sensors a slap while your at it...... I learnt that from someone here, or get a hole cutter and I explain what to with that later

hello Rawson, I haven't read anything in your post which suggests a problem with the front door, however 'tapping' it is only a temporary measure.A front door contact is exposed to extremes although it is 'indoors'. It should be dismounted and the connections checked for corrosion and cleaned up, but I don't see that this has any relevance to your present dilemma so you can leave that for now. As mentioned in my previous post, look at the user instructions in order to extinguish the 'chime', it's only two key presses. You should be able then to reset by pressing your user code twice.  It appears, as I said earlier, that the problem is minor and your panel should be good for another few years. Some people at the first sign of a problem tend to pay good money for a replacement panel rather than solve the very minor problem.