Security Installer Community

Galaxy Prox Tags

dwdave

the police disagree. how many false alarms are caused by miskey or forget

Qfa much as fobs can be considered as a security risk, the amount of numpties that used to forget or mistype their code and then panic when I was an engineer was astronomical. It's unheard of nowadays

Well that's a very valid point Admin2 and it's appreciated. With the possible exception of the disabled though, there are times when I must stick by my personal viewpoint as expressed in my first post on the subject. Let me put it another way, If a

customer does not use the correct code each time and every time, then either he/she has not been given user instructions over and above those supplied with the panel or they have been mis-sold and shouldn't have a system in the first place if it is causing false alarms due to the user. A monitored alarm should not false alarm on incorrect code since the arc procedure can avoid it. I would be interested to learn how the police have arrived at your statistics though!

If a customer does not use the correct code each time and every time, then either he/she has not been given user instructions over and above those supplied with the panel or they have been mis-sold and shouldn't have a system in the first place if it is causing false alarms due to the user. A monitored alarm should not false alarm on incorrect code since the arc procedure can avoid it.

It doesn't work like that in real life scenario.

Customers use the wrong code (bank code/ work code/ home code/ whatever...) panic and then walk around the premises sending confirmed alarms.

No amount of customer training or instruction will help some users, there not interested.

Prox tags have definitely helped to reduce FA's, most issues I get on the phone are from customers that still have codes.

i agree with arfs welsh brother,misops on entry do cause fa's but the majority were single trips from pirs for no reason,confirmed alarm seen to that not fobs

I have to disagree, as I recall most fa,s caused by code problems the numpty went further into the property to phone for help, so not only confirmed once but several confirms in most cases.

Don't get me wrong I don't like fobs that much but I also see them as a necasary evil when it comes to large commercial and oap systems. Lots of people are just scared of alarm systems and they panic, my builder went into one of my out buildings the other day not realising it was armed, he had a code to switch it off but it took him by surprise he opened the door and panicked ran off I caught the whole lot on CCTV luckily I was in otherwise the arc would have been on the phone.