Security Installer Community

Galaxy Speaker Output Vs Sounder

dwdave

It would make even more sense if the speaker or sounder is not mounted adjacent to a end station which, amongst other things, is supposedly placed in a out-of-site location. Mounting here would simply draw attention to the location of the panel.

It would make even more sense if the speaker or sounder is not mounted adjacent to a end station which, amongst other things, is supposedly placed in a out-of-site location. Mounting here would simply draw attention to the location of the panel.

That's correct, WD's are not supposed to be mounted next to CIE for that reason.

Yeah I'm all over the Wd's and CIE's. Sometimes I like to throw in some ABC's and mix it with a little 123.

But .... I am planning to mount the extension speaker downstairs - probably the furthest point from the panel, and right above a PA trigger.

'till the next question ...

Yeah I'm all over the Wd's and CIE's. Sometimes I like to throw in some ABC's and mix it with a little 123.

But .... I am planning to mount the extension speaker downstairs - probably the furthest point from the panel, and right above a PA trigger.

If you talking standards, the extension speaker must be heard though out the entry / exit route

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Nova Security "....If you talking standards, the extension speaker must be heard though out the entry / exit route..." 

I leave 'standards' to experts like yourself, don't know anything about them..just follow my nose..most of my work these days could be called 'troubleshooting' insofar that my calls are "...my alarm's not working and the installer has gone out of business..". In the past I have completely shut down all 'entry/exit' sounders (with the exception possibly of a few 'very quiet' keypads), either by design or request, so I wouldn't really know if current regs indicate that there must be a sounder at all times on the entry exit route. It may be feasible to suggest that the absence of a sounder 'could' leave a prospective intruder guessing. I am very much in favour of 'immediate' internal sirens though.

Edited by charlie6

Naa man , you need internal sounders , bells can't be always heard outside , inside you want them to leave asap , although they know they have a little time , noise inside will hopefully annoy them

He won't be guessing much with a light beeping keypad , probably thinking ok I got 10mins to grab something as its quiet

Need noise man