Security Installer Community

Options To Update Ddns

Just fitted a one of those new ComWifi modules to a Texecom premier last week.

Realized it will need a static address, the customers router does not support DDNS updates.

Does anybody know of a solution to keep DDNS updated without running a PC windows client?

I attempted to plug on a spare netgear router that can do no-ip DDNS updates, but as soon as you put it to access point mode, DDNS gets disabled.

If it's going to be an issue, we'll end up replacing his router

cheers

Wouldn't it be better to buy a batch of dyndns addresses, that's what we do and charge the a few quid a year

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Thanks for the quick replies, that's quite a clear answer

Will stop fannying around and replace the router then. Will put in a Netgear, we've got a batch of no-ip's so that'll work fine

Confused i am.

You don't need DNS, if using push notifications we track the IP address and update every time you connect, that's why the system is polled every 15Mins. I assume you are using this for the customer to have the APP. If not please explain some more.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

You don't need DNS, if using push notifications we track the IP address and update every time you connect, that's why the system is polled every 15Mins. I assume you are using this for the customer to have the APP. If not please explain some more.

can panel send emails ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God