Security Installer Community

Zone Fault On House Burglar Alarm

Zone 4 terminal pair should be labelled as such at the panel e.g. Z4; CCT4 and so on, so basically I would suggest following the advice of Admin, you have little to lose at the moment. Without assuming to 'go over the head' of Admin, could I suggest that you link out all the zones (label each zone pair as you remove them so that you know which terminal pairs they belong to) and then briefly check that the panel is clear of faults when 'set'. Collating each of your comments it strikes me that there may be a fault at the panel, in which case a new panel complete with engineer and user manual, guarantee, plus a new battery may well be far less than the £200 which appears to be the figure 'bandied about' at the moment. There is a suggestion in your posts that there may, in fact, be nothing wrong with the zone four detector (..prepared to stand corrected though !!), it strikes me that there is far more going on with the panel. Of course there is the suggestion that a installer should pay a visit, and I acknowledge the sense in that, but at the moment it may be preferable to at least attempt to track down the source of the problem... As usual "I am prepared to stand corrected".

"...I forgot the 9448 was the bum basic version..." Can you give some examples and your reasoning, this helps when we are relying on the advice of professionals.

I was making reference to requiring engineer reset on tamper. But thanks for saying my advice was unprofessional or that i am not an expert.

A great way to encourage professionals to give unpaid advice in their own time to people who can be as tight as 2 coats of paint.

Edited by petrolhead

I was making reference to requiring engineer reset on tamper. But thanks for saying my advice was unprofessional or that i am not an expert.

A great way to encourage professionals to give unpaid advice in their own time to people who can be as tight as 2 coats of paint.

Petrol, I didn't read it as a dig at you more, he was asking why you thought it. That's how I read it anyway

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Yeah okay, why not, then plus vat which easily takes it to £200.

?

Accenta mini g4 bell box an pirs, les thank £100 get it fitted in about 2 hours fir less than £100

Pretty stable for a cheap replacement really

So pirs , keypad and control panel , fitted and tested with 2hours Labour

£200 from your company ?

I suppose it's cheap from you, is that your normal price timmo?

Hi Petrolhead, "....I was making reference to requiring engineer reset on tamper. But thanks for saying my advice was unprofessional or that i am not an expert. A great way to encourage professionals to give unpaid advice in their own time to people who can be as tight as 2 coats of paint..."

My Post at 22:- "...I forgot the 9448 was the bum basic version..." Can you give some examples and your reasoning, this helps when we are relying on the advice of professionals..."

Emphasis on '..when we are relying on the advice of professionals...'

There is no suggestion that your advice is unprofessional, on the contrary, You are deemed a professional in that post and in no circumstances would any expert on this site be subject to personal criticism from myself. You are totally correct as regards the limitations of the panel, it is sufficient for diy I suppose, but even then it has it's drawbacks. On that count I therefore agree with you but I insert that the sole purpose of the post was a simple plea for clarification.

I am pleased you mentioned the fact that professionals give up what little time they have after a hard day at work to answer posts.. This should be borne in mind by all who search here for answers.