Security Installer Community

Visonic Or Risco ? Or Something Else ... ?

Dear all

I am looking to install a burglar alarm - think have narrowed it down to VISONIC (Powermaster or Powermax Pro) or RISCO (Agility 3)

I am rather concerned about some very negative reviews about RISCO ?

Features I 'm looking for :

- Remote / app functionality   (i.e.  arm/disarm from iphone ,  and to be able to check event log see when people entered / exited)

- PIR cameras     (i.e.  so I can monitor when alarm goes off if its genuine or false alert)

- Zoning     (i.e. so can set for just downstairs)

- Proximity tags    (i.e. so cleaner can come in and out without need to give her a PIN)

What do people think on VISONIC vs RISCO  for those sorts of features ?

Any other brands or types of alarm I should look at ?  

Seems like PIR cameras are the main differentiator ..  Visonic/Risco the only ones with decent PIR camera offering that I've been able to find

Any thoughts and advice very much appreciated ..   THANK YOU !

I agree with Datafusion, don't do anything until you've seen the latest Pyronix gear. Both Visonic and Risco are making excellent equipment and I wouldn't like to have to choose between the two, their quality tends to 'hit you in the face'. As for negative reviews for the Agility, the same could be said about almost any panel, There is bound to be a sector of 'unsatisfieds' and likewise a sector of 'Professional magazine analysts' who will look for every conceivable downside. If the specs of the panel are what YOU are looking for, go for it. Above and beyond that, though, is technical backup (even seasoned installers need it). Check out whether you can get help when, and if, you need it from the manufacturers or their designates. I gather that many professionals swear by 'Galaxy' whilst others will only use 'Gardtec', personally I wouldn't touch either of them but there might be something there which interests yourself. Also take a look at Texecom and Scantronic, again there could be something of interest. That said, you appear to have done your homework so I fail to see a problem with your choice especially as far as the pir cameras are concerned.