Security Installer Community

Da Systems Abacus 8 Alarm

Stevew30

There is 1 on eBay if as Mr happy says your into DIY.

But new controls would be a better idea, you could almost garuntee after you've fitted the new keypad there will be a fault with the panel and it would need changing anyway.

We cover Manchester if you would like a quote let me know.

Hi Lwillis

If you can let me know roughly what it would cost to put this in, I would be grateful.

cheers,

Steve

Metal cased or all-in-one plastic jobbie?

The ones I look after have a separate 'DC' board and that's what's getting hot.

It's really tightly packed in, I imagine the metal case version (which I've never seen in real life) doesn't suffer in the same way.

They do seem otherwise very well made. Couldn't you double each zone or something with a 'splitter'? Remember them on RS.

Or was it just a glorified junction box which turned CC + Tamp into two DEOL zones with resistors in the box rather than on the device???

Hi Datadiffusion.

I have the keypad downstairs which is a small plastic box.  The panel is upstairs in a cupboard and is in a metal case.  Was going to post a pic of it...but cant work out how to !  Hoping this is the version you are referring to which doesn't get hot.  Have to say that it has worked fine for the 14 yrs I have live here, and it was already installed when I moved in.  Never had a single fault with it !

Hi Datadiffusion.

I have the keypad downstairs which is a small plastic box.  The panel is upstairs in a cupboard and is in a metal case.  Was going to post a pic of it...but cant work out how to !  Hoping this is the version you are referring to which doesn't get hot.  Have to say that it has worked fine for the 14 yrs I have live here, and it was already installed when I moved in.  Never had a single fault with it !

I don't know for sure - I was just making an assumption the metal version would be much better at dealing with heat, I suspect things aren't packed in as much. Everyone that used to install them holds them in good regard :)

As above the best advice is to make sure the system is well serviced particularly wrt to the battery. And, measuring the voltage on the battery isn't a good test of it's state, unfortunately, you will need to do a load test, eithe rmanually or with a proprietary device such as a ACT IBT.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Doc what version is that, I don't remember the dc boards being seperate

Do you mean the pcb on top and transformer board on left behind it, they did go a bit black in plastic but still carried on working lol

Metal version had more room though

We had the pleasure of removing a fully loaded abacus 64 from one of our sites a couple of years ago after a flood.

The Galaxy 96 that replaced it is a god send to work on compared to that old piece of tat.

Ha ha it's on my house and as you must know that's the last place that gets any work done on the alarm.

I have a galaxy 48 ready to fit, it's been there over a year as I can't be arsed fitting it.

lol yeah i know that but i did make it to replacing the existing menvier for a 1070 at mine. If it had been a gal i probably wouldnt of replaced it. We are **** with our own stuff. I still have the cct that was fitted in the mid 90's at work even though we havnt used it new for over 15 yrs

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.