Security Installer Community

Van Racking

finally upgraded from a car to van (Peugeot bipper) about a month ago. its got wood panels along the floor, sides and around the wheels but that's it.

i bought two 4 drawer stacks from B+Q and put them back to back on the left hand side so i can get to the back drawers from the back door and the front ones from the side door. everything fits in okay for now but i want to be more organised.

main thing i want to sort is cable storage, i usually carry a drum of FP200, 2.5mm, 1.5mm, and a couple of 8 core drums. i thought about getting some pipe and making some sort of thing that i can hook them into and then secure, but i'm not really sure how to do it or if that's the best solution? anyone got any suggestions?

also i was considering a false floor so i can put my steps under and out of the way, and i'd also be able to put a couple of boxes of CAT-5 under there to give me more room in the rest.

the van is pretty small so i need to make the best use of the space i have, i'd also like to keep materials used to a minimum as it's me who'll be paying for it, and i don't want to add too much weight as its slow enough as it is :P

thanks in advance as always :)

For cable storage, I bought a couple of storage hooks off ebay, I think they're normally used for hanging ladders on. The ones I got fit two rolls of 8 core on snugly. I just screwed them to the ply on the side and they do the job nicely.

Similar to these:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/350916259328

Trade Member

For cable storage, I bought a couple of storage hooks off ebay, I think they're normally used for hanging ladders on. The ones I got fit two rolls of 8 core on snugly. I just screwed them to the ply on the side and they do the job nicely.

Similar to these:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/350916259328

Looks good. How are they with heavy drums like 2.5?

Same with a lot of vans.

On site similar note a colleague had his patio doors snapped on Sunday @ 11pm, by the time he was downstairs (entry zone) they had left with his Mercedes.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.