Security Installer Community

Cctv Setup Suggestion

That's good to know. Are there any advantages in getting cameras that are 3MP or higher when I will only be recording and viewing in 1080P?  I've come across a few Hikvision cameras within my price range but they're 3MP I know they also have a 2MP version as it's on their official website but can't find any on a UK supplier website.

I'll stick to 2MP. Is it common practice to pull the wiring loom in through wall including Ethernet connection block on the camera and if so roughly how big does the hole on wall need to be? I'd get one of you guys to come and do it but doubt I'll be able to afford it :shy:

I'll stick to 2MP. Is it common practice to pull the wiring loom in through wall including Ethernet connection block on the camera and if so roughly how big does the hole on wall need to be? I'd get one of you guys to come and do it but doubt I'll be able to afford it :shy:

I don't think you can get patch leads that long, we would normally drill the hole the same size as the cat 5 then crimp an rj45 at each end

I'd get one of you guys to come and do it but doubt I'll be able to afford it :shy:

Can you afford not to? once you weigh up your time and the hassle it's often better to have it done quickly by a professional with a full warranty etc. imo

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I'll stick to 2MP. Is it common practice to pull the wiring loom in through wall including Ethernet connection block on the camera and if so roughly how big does the hole on wall need to be? I'd get one of you guys to come and do it but doubt I'll be able to afford it :shy:

Where about in the UK are you?

There's a few on here who cover that area.

As Norman said tho, how long would it take you to do compared to a pro with the experience.

Easiest way would be to fit a Box next to the camera for the join but it won't look the best.

If at all possible I try and conceal cables and joins in the cavity. 25mm hole is usually enough.

Edited by Lwillis