Security Installer Community

Keeping A 7Ah Charged Via 12V In Vehicle

What a messy job! Crimp the resistors aswell as solder, come on you alarm technicians all easy stuff circuit building?

Well I agree the picture is a poor example but the schematic and the write up was the main content.

You will need quals to build that I reckon

Your more than welcome to offer a more comprehensive answer, that has options from cable puller to electronics technician.

I think you underestimate the quality of the engineers here.

Well I agree the picture is a poor example but the schematic and the write up was the main content.

Your more than welcome to offer a more comprehensive answer, that has options from cable puller to electronics technician.

I think you underestimate the quality of the engineers here.

To sensitive man. I just Cable pulling Ya leg man!

Not sensitive, I think people take forums and constructive critisism to heart too quickly.

Purely providing some quality instead of banter.

I can banter like the next tool, but if members answer every topic with pages of banter, you just phishing people off and more importantly provide no content. Worth pointing out IMO.

That, 6wb, is exactly why the number of posters is limited, no one knows everything, and there may be more than one way to skin a cat, unfortunately some people do know it all!.

Thanks for all the help so far btw chaps, appreciated.

Rich.

I am up for the 7ah battery solution, I have a pergot van and all it want to do is stop you using electric to power anything. It goes into Eco mode so you can only have about 30 seconds of light when you open the back doors. What twit thought that was good on a van.

I like the cigarette lighter solution so I can't be blamed it the electrics goes tits up.

Trade Member

Looking at the schematic from earlier it looks like it just boosts the voltage up and puts it through a regulator. Then put a diode in series to drop it a little and stop reverse current flow.

The question is we will have 14v ish from the cigarette lighter socket when the engine is running so can you just use the diode to stop reverse current flow and also drop the voltage a bit so as not to cook the 7ah battery.

Also is there an easy way to stop it charging when the 7ah battery is full. All the kits I have seen seems to be for the larger leisure batteries.

Trade Member